What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morrison? Where does this leave Wagon?

Pazza

First Grade
I am interested in peoples oppinions on where Wagon will fit into the side next season with the possible signing of Morrison?

Morris with start in the 6
Cayless in the 12
Morrison in the 13

I just done see (Apart from the bench) a spot for Wagon in the side and i dont agree cause i rate him as a important player in the team. We do you guys think Wagon will fit into the side, i really can't see him playing in PL.

Morenito

Juniors
I tihnk we mite see Cayless back at Frontrow and Wagon still at lock with Morrison going into the number 12 jersey

Just a possibilty anyways

Pazza

First Grade
Signing Stringer IMO indicates that Parra are still going to continue with Cayless in the second row. But i am not Brian Smith so i really don't know. I would rather have Cayless in the second row, i think Cayless has alot to offer interms of attack and he can offer more in attack in the second row rather than Prop.

messiah7

Juniors
I like morrison, though he is not a young player anymore. I just dont want the eels to sign a million players (as they have been) and we are still sitting here saying the same old same old :roll: sure wagon has been out of form as of late but do we need 3 or 4 locks ? :?:

Pazza

First Grade
I hope not half, if we have another injury screwed season ill be so pissed off.

Parraren

Bench
It's possible that Wagon will start from the bench and come on for Riddell with Morris going to hooker & Wagon to 5/8th.

Misty Bee

First Grade
It's also possible that Wagon will be out of the equasion altogether. With the signings of Stringer and (possibly) Morrison, I see the blokes who will be squeezed out will be VElla and Wagon.

Booyah

Bench
I'd be cheering if I was a Parra fan and Vella was going to be shafted. Possibly one of the worst Props I have ever seen in first grade.

Little Thorman plays with more heart then Vella does.

Avenger

Immortal
Booyah said:
I'd be cheering if I was a Parra fan and Vella was going to be shafted. Possibly one of the worst Props I have ever seen in first grade.

I agree with that 100% and have since 2002.

scottyeel

Bench
Misty Bee said:
It's also possible that Wagon will be out of the equasion altogether. With the signings of Stringer and (possibly) Morrison, I see the blokes who will be squeezed out will be VElla and Wagon.
Didnt wagon sign last year for 3 years?

MrT

Juniors
WAgon signed for 2 years last year. Contract expires at end of 2005.
I doubt we'll keep him

newmanj

Juniors
I think that Wagon wouldve been signed relatively cheaply, around the 130,000 mark. Not a bad buy for that. Has played state of origin, and picked for Australia, although didnt play.

I would keep him for sure, if only for his versatility. Can play Wing, Centre, Five Eight, Lock and Second Row.

As far as Vella goes, i think a change of clubs will be good for him. He should go.

Booyah said:

I have been a critic of Vellas but at least he can string a sentence together unlike Jason Stevens!!

the interesting thing is that we will have quality players in bulk next year in the forward pack, and if Morrisson signs it will only compact the situation more. I wouldn't say that the new signings will automatically get the nod over the current blokes, but some big names will have to learn what starting from the bench is all about.

I think Wags is a gun, makes 40+ tackles a game and is so valuable, but then again Morrisson is a great player who I really want to sign, so.............

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the son in law will play lock, and BS will change the other spots around, as he normally does.

You may find Caylo switching front front row to back row

I think Morrison will partner Hindy (and Jaffa) in the back row

Latest posts