What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morrison? Where does this leave Wagon?

strider

Post Whore
Well you've seriously gotta consider that maybe we play better with Waggy in the #6.....our best games this year have seen him there.....Morris to half - Witty off the bench.

tracksuitman

Juniors
Booyah said:
I'd be cheering if I was a Parra fan and Vella was going to be shafted. Possibly one of the worst Props I have ever seen in first grade.

Are you kidding? I know Vella doesn't dominate the way he used to but he gives 110% every game! He is always the first person there in defence and he just made 21 hit-ups and 40 tackles against the Roosters...
Also, don't forget about Jack Afasamaga next year, he will probably be our rookie-of-the-year this year and the way he runs in attack and hits in defence he shouldn't be over looked!!!

Johns Magic

Referee
tracksuitman said:
Booyah said:
I'd be cheering if I was a Parra fan and Vella was going to be shafted. Possibly one of the worst Props I have ever seen in first grade.

Are you kidding? I know Vella doesn't dominate the way he used to but he gives 110% every game! He is always the first person there in defence and he just made 21 hit-ups and 40 tackles against the Roosters...
Also, don't forget about Jack Afasamaga next year, he will probably be our rookie-of-the-year this year and the way he runs in attack and hits in defence he shouldn't be over looked!!!

Vella is cat. With all due respect, this is the first time he has produced all season.

strider

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
Vella is cat. With all due respect, this is the first time he has produced all season.

I agree he goes MIA sometimes.....but you obviously haven't been watching too hard this season.....Vella was great in games vs Broncos, Manly and Penrith.

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
Well you've seriously gotta consider that maybe we play better with Waggy in the #6.....our best games this year have seen him there.....

And if you care to remember, some of our worst were as well.

Wagon is NOT a 5/8th, and I wish Smith would stop playing him there.
He is a lock, and a very good one at that.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
Johns Magic said:

I agree he goes MIA sometimes.....but you obviously haven't been watching too hard this season.....Vella was great in games vs Broncos, Manly and Penrith.

That just about sums it up.

I don't know how many games he has played.....maybe 14, and he has produced 4 good games.
That isn't good enough.
We should free up a large dose of money and free him.

Suity

Morenito

Juniors
I guess we will never find out for another perhaps 7-8 months whos playing where

in the telegraph says smith wants morrrisson and hindmarsh to play 80 minutes each
wago assuming he plays lock also pays 80 minutes
numbers 1-7 all play 80 miunutes
meaning we will have 12 interchances to sub numbers 8-9-10
pretty good

Nikki

Coach
Ok, so we all know when it comes to players positions on the Footy field I am pretty clueless, but this is how I reckon it will pan out

#6 - Morris
#7 - Witty
#8 - Caylo
#9 - Riddell
#10 - Maybe Vella
#11 - His hindyness
#12 - Morrisson
#13 - Wags

One can only hope anyways. I just cant believe the first real love of my life on the footy field is coming to Parra. Hindy is goooone!!! :D

Parraren

Bench
Yeah I think the back row is pretty much settled now: 11. Hindy 12. Morro 13. Wags

Caylo will be starting prop with one of either Stringer, Vella or Cannings.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Vella has played some outstanding games for us. He lackjs consistency, and he is a forward leader - therefore consistency is required.

Wagon is a tackler, and played very well last night - neat kick on the first. However, he has gone MIA as well. If you have a potential backrow of Morrison, Cayless and Hindmarsh, with Afasamaga on the bench to cover (and with possibly 2 props and Thporman to cover hoolker/half), where do you find room for a mere tacklaholic? Morrison, Afasamaga Cayless and Hindmarsh offer so much more than that.

Wags can cover a hell of a lot of bases. Centre, where we may still be thin, 5/8 (when we are desperate) and back row. He'll be an excellent utility, but not in the run on side at full strength.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I'm sure Caylo will be a backrower. Stringer and Cannings didn't come here to be benchwarmers, and don't foret Tsoulos!

Parraren

Bench
There's no such thing as a bench warmer in the NRL. It's a 17 man game.

I actually agree with you Misty about the Caylo - Hindy - Morro back row being a stronger one but I was just suggesting what I thought Smith might be likely to go with. Wag's could be a useful utility off the bench as you said. Good thinking there.

I think our strongest pack would be;

8. Cannings
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindy
12. Caylo
13. Morro

14. Widders
15. Wagon
16. Robinson
17. Vella