What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Suli

Old Timer

Coach
Fmd the year hasn’t started yet and already you’re writing it off you should change your handle to negative view that would be more apt!
WCD
You may find OV frustrating but what about all the constant "talking it up" posts and when it turns out shit and nothing really changes the very next opportunity they start with all the "talking it up" posts yet again.
At least OV's prediction turn out correct each season whereas the positivity guys dream that good results will come regardless of the fact nothing substantial that will force change ever occurs.

Dannyboy80

Juniors
WCD
You may find OV frustrating but what about all the constant "talking it up" posts and when it turns out shit and nothing really changes the very next opportunity they start with all the "talking it up" posts yet again.
At least OV's prediction turn out correct each season whereas the positivity guys dream that good results will come regardless of the fact nothing substantial that will force change ever occurs.
That’s called optimism, and it’s all that keeps some of us coming back every season!

Old Timer

Coach
That’s called optimism, and it’s all that keeps some of us coming back every season!
Well we have optimism too as we hope that our criticism will ultimately force change.
It has been proven that just good old optimism on its own gives you more of the same which ultimately you guys aren't happy about either but you just refuse to express it properly.
By the way I think you should swap optimism for consistent good results as the catalyst for why you come back every season and you will find that far more enjoyable.

Dannyboy80

Juniors
I’m just as critical as most of the guys that post here, i think Mary has shown all he can offer as coach, and his teams will never be a threat to any titles, and every year it’s bugs the crap out me to watch the same mistakes being made. But it doesn’t mean I don’t start every season season giddy with anticipation that this year might be the one where it all clicks! Some here just seem to love the 100% negative approach and I wonder why you even bother watching, it’s like you’d even criticize your own kids for blowing the candles on their birthday cakes out the wrong way.

Old Timer

Coach
I’m just as critical as most of the guys that post here, i think Mary has shown all he can offer as coach, and his teams will never be a threat to any titles, and every year it’s bugs the crap out me to watch the same mistakes being made. But it doesn’t mean I don’t start every season season giddy with anticipation that this year might be the one where it all clicks! Some here just seem to love the 100% negative approach and I wonder why you even bother watching, it’s like you’d even criticize your own kids for blowing the candles on their birthday cakes out the wrong way.
Or perhaps we just know that it could in fact be very different and are not willing to let the club of the hook for the disappointment we are forced to suffer every year.
With the results over the last 4 years is that 1 quick change really too much to ask for ?
That 1 quick change could make everyone positive wouldn't you agree?
It's like this thread where some people consider Suli as the potential difference as to how we will go this year is that not fanciful in itself?
Somehow bringing in a troubled kid over our own talented young players who suffer a coach who can't develop them becomes a live option I hardly see that as optimism to me its is pessimism of the very highest order.

Carlton

Juniors
File this thread under.....Alex Walmsley, Rangi Chase & other random Pie in the sky BS!

You've missed the point of the thread Coffs, its not a prediction we are going to sign him or even that the club is interested in him. The thread is just asking what people think about him if the club was interested.

The majority seem to feel he isn't worth it at any price, which is fair enough, thats their opinions. I personally think that at 19 with all the knocks he seems to have received in life and at the right price he is worth a gamble.

I am not saying we are getting him.

Dannyboy80

Juniors
Or perhaps we just know that it could in fact be very different and are not willing to let the club of the hook for the disappointment we are forced to suffer every year.
With the results over the last 4 years is that 1 quick change really too much to ask for ?
It's like this thread where some people consider Suli as the potential difference as to how we will go this year is that not fanciful in itself?
Somehow bringing in a troubled kid over our own talented young players who suffer a coach who can't develop them becomes a live option I hardly see that as optimism to me its is pessimism of the very highest order.
OT I agree 100% that one change could change the tone of this forum right around, to me the buck starts and stops with the coach, and I don’t think I’d have much argument there. His flawed game plans don’t change and no roster changes will improve how awkward his back line sweep play will look! But the discussion on possible changes to roster and team changes is a positive approach for guys who genuinely just want to find a flicker of hope that this year will be better than the last..
BTW is keeping with this thread, Suli is a definite no for me, I saw a couple little signs in his first few tigers games where, after an error, he showed no real care in making it up to the guys, or any remorse at all. Gave me instant flashbacks to sowards last game for the dragons.. attitude is everything in the game, and it’s the hardest thing to coach into a person. They either have it or they don’t.

Carlton

Juniors

OT I am not saying we should get him or that the club needs to be chasing him. The reason for this thread was I was sick of talking about sacking Mary (which I wish would happen), talking about team makeup (where we go round in cirlces but at the end of the day know what we are going to get), talking about the crap use of the bench (which we know will continue).

I just wanted something else to talk about and was actually hoping the discussion would draw out the distinction between the problems with someone like Suli and someone like Lodge or Barba. It seems a lot of people (not everyone) just consider there has been an issue but don't see that the issues are dramatically different.

BennyV

Referee
Oh, and I’d take him (pending the aforementioned sacking of Mary). Yeah, we’ve got some very promising juniors but we’ve got a backline full of plodders that could do with a complete makeover, and if Suli is a better option than any of our juniors then it’s worth exploring. Only 5% of NYC players make the successful transition, may as well push the odds to our favour!!!

Looking over our Top 30, he’d probably fit in there ok.

Well f**k off and watch another team or another sport then we should be able to talk our team up at the start of the season ffs otherwise why bother following them I’m starting to wonder about you ot first you defend Dugan who 2 weeks later proves my point and now this guy give the season and team a chance or go watch afl or a league or even wwe where the results you’re after are pre determined don’t get on people for being positive and talking up their team and the start of the season
WCD
off

Well we have optimism too as we hope that our criticism will ultimately force change.
It has been proven that just good old optimism on its own gives you more of the same which ultimately you guys aren't happy about either but you just refuse to express it properly.
By the way I think you should swap optimism for consistent good results as the catalyst for why you come back every season and you will find that far more enjoyable.
If you hope your criticism will force change then already you’ve got your wires crossed

Coffs dragon

Bench
You've missed the point of the thread Coffs, its not a prediction we are going to sign him or even that the club is interested in him. The thread is just asking what people think about him if the club was interested.

The majority seem to feel he isn't worth it at any price, which is fair enough, thats their opinions. I personally think that at 19 with all the knocks he seems to have received in life and at the right price he is worth a gamble.

I am not saying we are getting him.
Hey Carlton the point is really that it's pointless as the bloke signed with Manly. 3 clubs in a month could be a record!

epDragon62

First Grade
Totally agree mate
[QtopsUOTE="Brutalitops, post: 12709116, member: 47393"]Not certain on this, but I have heard in other league communities that a few years ago be found his father after he passed away from a heart attack in a gym, which is part of the reason training is such a mental barrier for the kid. Have also heard his brother is sick and he himself is a great guy.

Very sad stuff, hopefully he realises his potential. Some of the vitriol pointed at him for being lazy and entitled is a garbage thing to say without knowing anything about the guy

If the background is accurate he needs professional help. But, how far does a club have to go? There are lots of people, kids, with major issues and challenges in life; some thrive, some struggle. Why, does Suli deserve special treatment and the opportunity to foul the dynamic of the playing group?

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Well f**k off and watch another team or another sport then we should be able to talk our team up at the start of the season ffs otherwise why bother following them I’m starting to wonder about you ot first you defend Dugan who 2 weeks later proves my point and now this guy give the season and team a chance or go watch afl or a league or even wwe where the results you’re after are pre determined don’t get on people for being positive and talking up their team and the start of the season

off
Funny how you view the world
You get up OV for expressing an opinion then get up me for expressing an opinion
Then get up me even further for suggesting anything about your opinion
Then want to drag Dugan into it for some god damn reason
Then ultimately tell me to f**k off and follow another team
Maybe your avatar is apt in that clowns are supposed to bring laughter where there is despair but you need a little work on your bedside manner and delivery.
By the way I always hope for a good season but ultimately I am a realist and use this forum as a place where I can express my views and beliefs more than my hope.

Gareth67

First Grade
Hey Carlton the point is really that it's pointless as the bloke signed with Manly. 3 clubs in a month could be a record!

Unbelievable- 3 clubs in a month , more or less ! If he doesn't get his house in order this time then no body will ever give him another chance , except only 1 other team . . .

Carlton

Juniors

Disagree Coffs, it doesn't matter whether he has signed with someone else or not. The point is a discussion about a young player, with personal issues with a lot of talent and whether people think he is worth taking a gamble on. Even though I didn't specifically say it, what I was trying to say is, should his problems lead to being thrown on the scrap heap when we have players like Lodge, Carney, Barba, Pearce given multiple chances after much worse indiscretions.

Old Timer

Coach
Disagree Coffs, it doesn't matter whether he has signed with someone else or not. The point is a discussion about a young player, with personal issues with a lot of talent and whether people think he is worth taking a gamble on. Even though I didn't specifically say it, what I was trying to say is, should his problems lead to being thrown on the scrap heap when we have players like Lodge, Carney, Barba, Pearce given multiple chances after much worse indiscretions.
OK in light of this information the kid needs some nurturing but also a reality check.
The NRL has to take a look at itself in how it gets its hooks into these kids (many not scholastically advanced) and makes them into little tin gods, providing them with big money incentives and a life of being a gym junky and a "so called footy professional" at such an early age.
I have said it before the players agents are often cockroaches and low life's who have very little regard for the players welfare and just think a bigger contract or different club will fix it all.
TBH I do not see kids, that are so heavily involved in RL with big clubs actually have a chance to develop naturally, let alone the necessary skills to cope with life, success and failure instead they learn how to cope with an extra 10kgs on the bar and how to be physically tough enough in a mans game.
We are creating them and then somewhat abandoning them when it goes pear shape so IMHO not good enough on the part of the NRL but then again look at the brain dead running the joint.