What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most impressive and disappointing team in the opening 3 rounds

broncos2010

Juniors
I think the Bulldogs have impressed me the most with how well they are going at the moment and they look really solid under hasler.

Biggest disappointment is eels by far.

perverse

Referee
Most impressive - for me it has been the Doggies quick turnaround from also-rans to a team that can play some good footy.

Most disappointing - has to be my mob so far, surely. the expectations were extreme, and saying we've been ordinary is dressing it up substantially.

firechild

First Grade
Most disappointing has to be the Tigers, surely.

This. Parra are a shit club and a shit team with a shit coach. Not surprising that they're propping up the table. Tigers were premiership favourites and sit in 15th. Had luck (and the refs) not been with them in round 1 they'd be 0 from 3.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Both Knights & Tigers will come good.

Knights are still finding their groove & Tigers are just being Tigers + a large injury toll.

Parra just seem rotten from top the bottom.

Danish

Referee
Dogs are the most impressive because while everyone assumed they'd improve, I doubt anyone would pick them to hit the ground in such form. Most of the experts had them pegged as contenders in 2013 instead of 2012.

The tigers are easily the most disappointing. Eels? we knew they were duds. Tigers were standalone favourites to take out the premiership before the season kicked off, now they are lucky to even be 1 from 3. They'll bounce back though.

azza18

Juniors
Most disappointing has to be the Tigers, surely.

I agree. Or maybe the knights, thought both would be playing better then what they are. I would have said the eels too, but im not really surprised to see them where they are. Most impressive probably has to be doggies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Poor: Tigers, Knights, Titans, Eels

Tigers by a long way. Knights a little bit but they were mid-field to start with. Tigers will improve once they get players back (Galloway, Farah, Ellis). Knights just need time to gel.

Titans probably slightly disappointing, a few key signings - would've thought they'd go better than they have so far.

Great/Good: Dogs, Dragons, Cronulla

Bulldogs most impressive obviously. Aside from game vs us - Dragons have been solid. Despite results, I'm quite impressed with Cronulla. Looked likely all game vs Newie, took Tigers to the death and dominated Manly.

God-King Dean

Immortal
That's the usual Cronulla story tbh. Can always stick it to teams, but can never deliver a knock-out punch. However, they are looking more likely with Carney steering the ship.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Most impressive: Melbourne. Purple Poison are still the benchmark on how to win games.

Most disappointing: Warriors. Lost 2 at home. IMO both the cowboys and the warriors need to make the top 4 to win the title as the less travel they do in the finals the better their chance of success. New coach or not, The warriors are at a stage right now where just making the finals isn't good enough.

Doga

Juniors
I really didn't expect much from the Tigers this year. Certainly not Premiership Favourites as the Media beat them up.

Still it is only 3 rounds in. No way to who will be where.

gronkathon

First Grade
I really liked what I have seen from Canberra (until the double injury hit last week) The Dogs and the Cowboys (last two weeks)

Tigers have been bitterly dissapointing, Warriors have been very patchy, Panthers as well.

Eels I expected to be shit

perverse

Referee
the only reason i'm not particularly disappointed in the tigers thus far is that:

a) this is what they always do, they are a fair dinkum enigma and;
b) i didn't expect the world from them this year. their depth has been suspect since day 1. if injuries struck (and they usually do), they were always going to have a tough time of it in my opinion. they'll come good if Benji hits team-carrying form, or if their injuries woes lessen.

user_nat

Coach
Knights and Tigers are hard to split for most disappointing.

Impressive? Melbourne. Everyone expected them to do well, and so far they seem to be the team to beat.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i know the expectations were high on the knights but i dont expect bennett to really have them firing until his third year as coach. the knights roster the past few years has been a group of players who are toilers and will have a go rather than a spectacular team. they've been getting steamrolled up the middle and just don't have the players to consistently compete with the top sides.

the tigers on the other hand should be able to compete but havent looked too interested so far

and whislt i think the eels have one of the worst rosters in the nrl i think most people would have expected them to at least put up more of a fight

hitman82

Bench
Warriors disappointed me in round 1 by blowing a game we should have won.

Round 2 we made hard work of a terrible Eels.

Round 3 we looked pretty average.

Missing Rapira, Lillyman and Luck is partly to blame for this.

But all in all I find us extremely disappointing considering it's stupid shit like dropped balls and easy penalties that have cost us. Need to really pick things up in the next 5 rounds.

firechild

First Grade
Most impressive: Melbourne. Purple Poison are still the benchmark on how to win games.

They've played Canberra, Souths and the Titans, hardly world beaters. Can't say it's that impressive. Bulldogs have put 30+ on Dragons and Warriors, much more impressive IMO.