What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most impressive and disappointing team in the opening 3 rounds

Ladmate

Bench
Tigers. Not just 1 of 3, but pathetic efforts in all the games makes me question if they even want to win. They should come good though.

ironhorse

Juniors
Yeah Disappointments - Roosters have been playing terrible footy , Tigers pretty average but not entirely unexpected and they will end up flogging someone .
Impressive - Dogs have been good , Sharks,Storm ..Manly stronger than i thought despite being reigning premiers i thought they would steer off course more than they have .
X- Factors so far , Dragons im undecided on as yet , Cowboys could fire ,Rabbits maybe,Broncos.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Sharks an Doggies for me as the most impressive. Sharks should be 3-0 IMO and the dogs have been playing some deadset beautiful footy.

disappointing- Warriors, I just thought they would be playing a bit better considering last year.

warriors are notoriously slow starters to the season though. they'll improve, imo, heaps by the season's end

mongoose

Coach
I have really liked the look of brisbane.

Undoubtedly parra are the most disapointing.

Melbourne are now a one man side.

The tigers wont make the eight.

Saints will make the gf.

Newcastle will struggle until the last ten rounds and come home very strongly.

Broncos havent impressive me. Sure they have 2 wins but they beat a knights side who didnt throw much at them and the Eels who should be playing in a park somewhere.

and Saints to make the GF? LOLs

sputneek

Juniors
Most impressive: Sydney Roosters

Showing courage and resilience in the face of defeat and pulling two remarkable and unexpected wins proves to me that they are a team to be reckoned with. Melbourne a distant second.

Least impressive; Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

Bred not bought buying their way to a top 4 finish but will be bundled out in straight sets. Predictable attack and penetrable defence.

Bananabender

Juniors
Most Impressive: Storm and Dogs

Most Disappointing: Manly (at the judiciary as well as all the talk of losing major playmakers).

Red Bear

Referee
Doggies have been impressive obviously. Brisbane looks to be a well-oiled machine, and we're going to get better. The Sharks are playing better than most people give them credit for and once they click, look out.

The Warriors are just warming up. Manly look a little wobbly but they'll get their mojo back.

The Roosters are disappointing, plus the Tigones just seem to have nothing.
Roosters were tipped for bottom 4 by many around here and have probably the youngest side in the comp, they havent played particularly well but are 2-1 and know how to win whilst playing poorly (sort of). Not sure they'll make much impact this year, but they could be alot worse.

I still think if/when the Warriors click they will steamroll this competition, their left side defence is a bit of a worry though. Rapira and Lillyman will make a fair difference, and whilst luck is hardly of huge impact in attack the amount of defensive work he does is very valuable (although I guess it's possible Taylor will fill that role).

gUt

Coach
Both the Roosters wins have been completely arsey last minute affairs, the most recent one against a team with 15 men who were out on their feet who'd lost their best attacking and best defensive player early on.

Sure they're a young team, but they've got an experienced coach and they'd have more total matches played among their roster than Brisbane I'd reckon.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Storm are a 1 man side Hanscholo? Really? I assume your refering to Slater? I guess guys like Cronk, Smith, Manu, Widdop etc are nuffies who couldnt crack another teams roster? Goose.

Big Pete

Referee
Let's have a look (with working) Myth Busters style. For the sake of convenience I'll just use Round 3 teams.

Sydney Roosters
Minichiello - 230
Carney - 35
Leilua - 43
Kenny-Dowall - 106
Perrett - 136
Anasta - 237
Pearce - 111
Warea-Hargreaves - 49
Friend - 72
Kennedy - 29
Guerra - 26
Aubusson - 93
Nuuausala - 88

Masoe - 35
Tasi - 12
Mortimer - 50
Arona - 16

Brisbane Broncos
Hoffman - 45
Beale - 41
Reed - 30
Hodges - 185
Yow Yeh - 59
Norman - 24
Wallace - 115
Hannant - 137
McCullough - 79
Civoniceiva - 291
Glenn - 78
Thaiday - 151
Te'o - 93

Hunt - 44
McGuire - 49
Gillett - 43
Anderson - 65

Total
Sydney Roosters: 1368
Brisbane Broncos: 1529

Brisbane are missing Parker with 240 games. You'd imagine he'd be ahead of Anderson so 240-65 = 175 extra games at full strength).

Well, that's certainly surprising. I thought we had the younger squad or at least it would have been really close but there you go.

Myth busted.

--Storm--

Juniors
I think most forget the Bulldog's were 3 from 3 last season as well & from there they didn't even make the 8.

--Storm--

Juniors
Roosters were tipped for bottom 4 by many around here and have probably the youngest side in the comp, they havent played particularly well but are 2-1 and know how to win whilst playing poorly (sort of). Not sure they'll make much impact this year, but they could be alot worse.

The only reason there two from three is because there beat two crap team's; Rooster's for me will be in the bottom 4 with Parra, Gold Coast & Canberra

beefstew

Juniors
Most impressive: Melbourne and bulldogs, but if you take the fullbacks out of both teams, they are nothing.

Most disappointing: Melbourne and bulldogs, because they are so reliant on one player, respectively.

azza29

Juniors
Most disappointing: Melbourne and bulldogs, because they are so reliant on one player, respectively.

Respectively?

You're giving Slater too much credit. He's a brilliant player but without Cronk and Smith he would be nowhere near as effective. Also he barely contributes to the defence, which is the team's strongest point at the moment and frequently mitigates the impact of a lot of silly mistakes.

POPEYE

Coach
From my perspective Price has surprised the most, Mcguire as suspected happily and Hasler now the real thing. McClennan is my fingers crossed man. Nothing much changes with the rest