What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most shafted team in the competition (spoiler)

tiger_nick

Bench
Captain Dread said:
Yep, whinge all you like - it was a good call by the video ref.

Tigers were lucky to not have Gibbs sent off. That was a shocker. Get over it, stop whining, you've had some poor calls against you this season but the officials did almost everything in their power tonight to gift a victory to the Tigers.

Wat was the penalty count??

You idiot

I don't blame the ref or video ref for the loss. But for you to say that shows that you have no idea.

tiger_nick

Bench
pcpp said:
Tigers had it both ways.

The try where Senter scored the try off Minto losing the ball should not been a try - they did a forward pass before they scored.

The last try was a 50/50.

Where was the forward pass?

Anonymous

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
Captain Dread said:
Yep, whinge all you like - it was a good call by the video ref.

Tigers were lucky to not have Gibbs sent off. That was a shocker. Get over it, stop whining, you've had some poor calls against you this season but the officials did almost everything in their power tonight to gift a victory to the Tigers.

Wat was the penalty count??

You idiot

I don't blame the ref or video ref for the loss. But for you to say that shows that you have no idea.

Blame it on all the high tackles and stuff you did. :p

I was there live and looked to us he was out. I even looked at a few Tiger supporters and they shook there heads in diisbelief as the replay was showing. On TV it seemed alot closer but when your there with the wide scream you could see he was out.

Look at the front view again.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The simple fact is, if that was Hunt or El Masri or Walker or Rooney diving over in the corner, it would have been a try.

The benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team. Now the video ref looked at it about 1000 times, so in my books, there was a bit of doubt. So isnt that where the rule comes into play?

scottyeel

Bench
I thought his elbow was out but would not have had a problem if it went the other way. I also thought senter was lucky to get his try.

Tigers should've been playing with 12 men for at least 10 minutes. Gibbs didn't deserve to stay on the field after the deliberate elbow to the head, he had time to drop it and not make contact with the head.

Glenn

First Grade
Assuming there was doubt yes, obvouisly the video ref didn't think there was doubt after he got a conclusive shot(s) that showed the elbow of Richards going over the touch in goal

innsaneink

Referee
Kicking out on the full from the kick-off after there try and another subsequent try from the penalty was the turning point.

A positive out of it all was a four point loss doesnt alter our f/a dramatically and other teams on same points or 2 behind have much worse f/a.
We still need a couple of wins though.
Starting next week, where we leap frog NQ Cowboys.
We''ll be 7th 8)

Dragon

Coach
Yeah, its called 'benefit of the doubt'. Usually it favours the attacking team, but in this case, the ref was paid to look the other way.

Class dismissed.

STSAE

Juniors
Dragon said:
Yeah, its called 'benefit of the doubt'. Usually it favours the attacking team, but in this case, the ref was paid to look the other way.

Class dismissed.

In simultaneous touchdown between 2 opposing players the "benifit of the doubt" rule applies awarding to the attacking team. Does the same rule apply on the sideline?? When is out, out??
Last week Amos Roberts did the same thing (except the try was awarded) but the score was a blowout and nothing much was said about it. I thought that was no try. I thought it was no try this week also.
But where is the consistency??
If last week was ok, what was different to this week??
What happens in the semis if this decides a game??
So many questions, so little consistency.

PINGU

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
I thought the no try was the correct decision. I also thought Bryce Gibbs should have been sent off.

Agreed with your comments, You could see his elbow hit the line before the ball hit the ground. Another typical "the whole world is against us" comment by the Tigers fans.

If anything the ref did show bias towards the Wests Tigers in not sending that thug Gibbs off.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Does the same rule apply on the sideline?? When is out, out??
No. If a player simultaneously grounds the ball and touches the sideline then it's considered out.

As for the benefit of the doubt, it's got to be reasonable doubt. It's like if it's 99% a no try, then you could say that there is a 1% doubt and ask why it wasn't a try. For the case tonight (granted, I'm a Bronco supporter so declare my biasness now) I thought it was about a 75% no try with only 25% chance of try, mostly because of the above rule about simultaneous touch-downs.

I see the people complaining about Wests being robbed don't mention the calls that went their way. They should've had a player sinbinned early in the match for a blatent proffesional foul when he made no effort to get back the ten. Richards twice pushed Kelly out of the way in-goal and got away with it (although the one that led to the try was a 50/50 and would normally have been let go). When Minto dropped the ball I think it hit a Tigers player and then went forward and touched another Tigers player before being grounded, in other words an accidental offside. And in the last few seconds when the ball was stripped from a Bronco player there were two players in the tackle. One had dropped off, but there had still been two at the beginning. Now some of these things are definitely disputable, but I can't see how anybody can argue the first and last items.

I'm glad to see someone mentioned Costigan. He showed yet again that he's right up there with Hunt and Williams as the best rookies of 2004.

miccle

Bench
While the final decision was a close one and could've gone either way, stew on this - which is something that almost won you the game:

a forward pass leads to a kick. Minto grouds the ball ingoal as he crawls back into the field of play, after he's attacked by someone who doesn't appear to be going for the ball. The the ball comes loose and senter is held up over the line for 2-3 seconds. He then rolls over and grounds the ball. Result - TRY, and a win for the tiges if the broncos weren't the team they are.

I have given full credit to the tigers for an awesome performance tonight, but I'm just so bloody sick of this crap. People call broncos fans whingers :lol:

Davester

Juniors
Raider_Azz said:
:clap: :clap:

Go Broncos!

(nothing against the Tigers, just it's better for us if they lose)

Not really...a dull team raiders against an in-form roosters....hmmm if the outcome is what I think it is, this game wont help you either... :clap: :clap:

Anonymous

Juniors
I was at the game myself and was keeping an eye on the Tigers checking if they were offside or not and 40% of the time they weren't.

When we were 20 metres outside the line Payten was continually offside.

But still the Tigers kept us out for a while and it was a great game.

I hope you make the finals.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
PINGU said:
Eelectrica said:
I thought the no try was the correct decision. I also thought Bryce Gibbs should have been sent off.

Agreed with your comments, You could see his elbow hit the line before the ball hit the ground. Another typical "the whole world is against us" comment by the Tigers fans.

If anything the ref did show bias towards the Wests Tigers in not sending that thug Gibbs off.

Ahh yes, typical Balmain basher comments.

NFI.