What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

most surprising season i can remember

2005 has been a season which has been a very different picture. I look at teams like parramatta and compared to last year they've made an exceptional improvement, they've done quite well. Then i look at teams like the tigers and manly and think the same thing. The roosters are not in the top 8 which is surprising. I've been in a small tipping comp and have found it so hard to pick the winners each week. I can honestly say now that i've no idea who'll win the GF or even be playing in the GF. The season of 2005 has been much more competitive. Congrats to the top 8 teams for 2005.

Misty Bee

First Grade
The great thing about this year is that teams with a recent poor history have done well. I think the early great form by Manly, Cronulla, Melbourne and Canberra set up the scene for big crowds. The revival of Parra and Saints had been great - both big drawing clubs home and away. Wests have packed 'em in as well with some great football.

Canterbury and Easts provided enough starch to be threats up until Saturday night. Brisbane packed Suncorp enough to bring them back to their pre Super League days. Newcaslts fans were superb too, even when their reserves were getting smashed. And Souths courageous spoon avoidance was a highlight of the year.

Bravio the salary cap. Bravo the 26 rounds that allowed this scenario to develop. Because of it, every dog (team) had it's day in the sun. The finals will be no different, and I suspect it won't be a thre horse race between parra, Sainst and Brisbane.

I reckon there will be more shocks on the way.

panthersballboy

Juniors
None of the last 4 GF winners made the semis, that was very surprising. It has been an unpredictable season. Who know's what will happen in the next 4 weeks.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
the top six can win it, and the shrakies are a dark horse, but i cant see manly getting past the first week

Misty Bee

First Grade
While Parra should start favorites, I'd only be mildly shocked to see Manly win.

Put it this way, it's not inconcievable for Parra and Brisbane to lose, and face off in a sudden death encounter next week.

aussies1st

Staff member
What a whacky year it has been. The GF gorn, the usual top 8 sides gorn. We have the next generation of teams coming through.

aussies1st

Staff member
If Johns stays they will be close to number 1 for next year. Sharks would drop out for Knights. Rest may well stay the same.

ByRd

First Grade
Dont count out the bulldogs in 2006. We have been very, very dissapointing in 2005 & even though injuries have affected us, it is not an excuse. The players must hopefully realise over the off season that they must play with more heart & passion. If we can stay relatively injnury free next year, then a side with players such as Mason, Sonny Bill, O'Meley, Ryan, Asotasi, Utai, Sherwin, Maitua, El Masri, Tonga, Patten .etc. will be extremely difficult to keep out of the top 8......BEWARE THE WOUNDED BULLDOGS IN 2006!!!

c_eagle

Juniors
TheEelsFanatic said:
Next yrs top 8 would be Parra, Knights, Broncos, Cowboys, Storm, Panthers, Tigers, Canberra
Canberra, lol.

Manly are shoe-ins for at least the 8 next year. Orford + Bell = :D

Godz Illa

Coach
TheEelsFanatic said:
Next yrs top 8 would be Parra, Knights, Broncos, Cowboys, Storm, Panthers, Tigers, Canberra
Interesting. So you're saying that for the second consecutive season, the defending premiers will fail to make the top 8?

I mean the Dragons btw.

bluenwhite

Juniors
next years top 8 - canterbury, parra, knights, cowboys, panthers, roosters, broncos, souths(+ben walker).. in no particular order :)

Latest posts