What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR :- Jason Taylor Media Conference

JASON TAYLOR POST MATCH MEDIA CONFERENCE
Q) A FAIR CONSOLATION FOR LOSING YOUR RECORD JASON?
A) I said during the week that I would be happy to give him the record if we got the 2 points – no one believed me but I meant it.

Q) DID YOU SEE A PERFORMANCE LIKE THAT COMING?
A) I said after the game last week that I thought we could do it soon. I felt we were building to something. I didn’t expect it that’s for sure. We have just been getting better each week, and we are a good team that is working hard, and when you work hard, and keep working hard then you get the rewards.

Q) WHAT ABOUT JARRYD HAYNE?
A) He’s good. He has been in every game he’s played so far. I suppose when the team plays like that, and he’s on the end of the backline, he’s going to come up with some stuff. He got 4 tries tonight. He’ll keep doing it.

Q) DID IT REMIND YOU OF SOME OF THE PERFORMANCES OF LAST YEAR WITH YOUR TOTAL DOMINANCE?
A) It reminded me of what this team is capable of. They have proven they are a good side, they just had a tough start to the year. There is still a long way to go. I don’t want you guys to come out and say now that we are going to make it or whatever. We know where we are at and what we need to do from here.

Q) WHAT HAPPENNED TO TIM SMITH?
A) It appears he has broken his collarbone. It is a big blow for us, because he has been like the team, improving. In the first half tonight he was back to his best.

Q) YOU WERE ABLE TO BRING BEN SMITH STRAIGHT BACK IN?
A) Yes. Ben had a great year last year and has had a really tough year this year, he wasn’t in good form and then suffered a bad ankle injury. He was due back about 3 weeks ago but it just never came right. He was always going to play tonight but it was going to be in Premier League and then when we lost Timana the other night I thought I’d sneak him in.

Q) THERE WAS A PRESENTATION PLANNED FOR ANDREW JOHNS TONIGHT, WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON IT ALL?
A) I understand how we feels, and it is his decision.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Q) YOU WERE ABLE TO BRING BEN SMITH STRAIGHT BACK IN?
A) Yes. Ben had a great year last year and has had a really tough year this year, he wasn’t in good form and then suffered a bad ankle injury. He was due back about 3 weeks ago but it just never came right. He was always going to play tonight but it was going to be in Premier League and then when we lost Timana the other night I thought I’d sneak him in.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKYOU! :D

James_Hardie

Juniors
Thank god for Hayne's four tries. It was a bit embaressing when you looked in Big League and saw our leading tryscorer was a backrower (Morrison) with 5!

number8

Juniors
On Hayne & records, it's a shame he couldn't get the 5. It's just not right that that fat turd Lyon has the Eels record!

blx

Juniors
alot of juvenile angst on this site against one Jamie Lyon. Wassup wit that?

The boy is allowed to play wherever he wants. If thats with his bushmate Cleal over at the Eagles then good on him.

Calling him a "fat turd" is just plain childish!!!

Anyway, wouldnt you go somewhere where Denis Fitzgerald isnt too?

blx said:
Calling him a "fat turd" is just plain childish!!!

I tend to agree that its childish - however, so is the fat turd Jamie Lyon, for his continued antics over the last few years. Only a child would react, like he did, for the real reason of leaving the club.

Turncoat has ate well whilst getting away from the "Big City" of Sydney to play in the little country town of St. Helens. (What a pathetic excuse that was)

Childish girl, probably is the best way to describe Jamie's ability to handle emotion.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
lets not turn this into another Jamie Lyon thread ok? :roll:

there are some of us who try to avoid all conversation with him in it, and starting up a conversation in an unrelated topic is very annoying!