What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR:- Jeremy Smith to Souths

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
The Real Insurance Rabbitohs have signed half Jeremy Smith for two years today, further bolstering
the talent the Rabbitohs will have to choose from in the halves in 2007.
Smith is a former New Zealand Junior Kiwi and has played seven first grade games so far in his career.
Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson says Smith will give the Rabbitohs options in the halves in the
coming season.
“We now have a number of players that can fill the halfback and five-eighth roles for us next season
including Nigel Vagana, John Sutton, Joe Williams, Beau Champion, Ben Rogers and now Jeremy
Smith,” Mr Richardson said.
“Jeremy has shown at the Eels that he has the makings of an NRL half and Jason Taylor will continue
the work he has started with Jeremy at South Sydney next year.”
Smith is happy to be continuing his association with the Rabbitohs’ 2007 Assistant Coach Jason Taylor.
“I’ve done a lot of work with JT (Taylor) at the Eels and I’m keen to continue working with him along
with Shaun McRae,” Smith said.
“The Rabbitohs have recruited well and have put together a strong squad of players for next year, and I
believe the Club is on the up, so I’m looking forward to going to Souths and playing with those players.”​

Stagger eel

Staff member
that's a bugger...I would have loved for him to earn a contract with some big performances in the coming weeks.

onya Jez..

True EEL

Bench
he must be a real favourite with JT, maybe it's a BS favourite thing.....;)

well, i must say i'm not too upset, but it is another one down in the hunt for some halves next year, i certainly hope we actually start to sign some players soon, rather than just lose them constantly.....this concerns me???

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Good luck Jeremy. IMO we have better young halves options at the club.

Has Marcus P gone completely off the radar. He is not a hooker imo and that move this year affected him

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not sure how true it was but I heard that Marcus has obviously been injured but may not be back even after the injury comes good (and I'm not just talking about coming back to Parra)

The Colonel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
Not sure how true it was but I heard that Marcus has obviously been injured but may not be back even after the injury comes good (and I'm not just talking about coming back to Parra)

Are you talking retirement?

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Good to see hes snapped up i guess, should take the starting halfback at souths. My only complaint is wouldnt we be better off blooding green now then keeping jeremy smith who is leaving after this year

Utey

Coach
BlueNGoldBlood said:
Good to see hes snapped up i guess, should take the starting halfback at souths. My only complaint is wouldnt we be better off blooding green now then keeping jeremy smith who is leaving after this year

JT will be keen to keep Smith there all year...

Wouldnt you if you signed him to you future club, Id be keen for him to get as much FG experience as I could.

Stagger eel

Staff member
JT would want what's best for the team he's coaching NOW!!..and that's how it should be.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Prediction: Trent Hodgkinson will be as good or better than Jeremy Smith by the start of next season. If anyone's seen him play, you'll know why.

Hurriflatch

Referee
True, but I don't think he (or Kris or even Blake) are ready for 1st grade.

Guess you don't know until you try them tho

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
True, but I don't think he (or Kris or even Blake) are ready for 1st grade.

Guess you don't know until you try them tho

Blake isn't far away at all..Kris has a couple of years of grooming left.

sooperdooper

First Grade
good signin for Souths
Jez can play
but i think he rushed in.... he should have given it a few weeks and with a few good games he could have asked for more $$$