What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR:- Jeremy Smith to Souths

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well Blake is next in line if Sloppy or Dusty miss a game Blake will come in but that doesn't mean he is ready.

eelaholic

First Grade
Trent is an absolute gun! One of his best games was just last saturday when he snagged a double. Hot property!!

sooperdooper

First Grade
good signin for Souths
Jez can play
but i think he rushed in.... he should have given it a few weeks and with a few good games he could have asked for more $$$

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
Prediction: Trent Hodgkinson will be as good or better than Jeremy Smith by the start of next season. If anyone's seen him play, you'll know why.

Big call! But hope he continues to travel well!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Someone told me about this a few days ago but I didn't take it seriously.

Good luck to him, I guess he really is JT's pet. Hope he does well for Souths.

Glenn

First Grade
No loss really IMHO with Blake and Trent to come through the ranks.
Wonder what Souths offered him, I place a bet on at least 250k :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Well Blake is next in line if Sloppy or Dusty miss a game Blake will come in but that doesn't mean he is ready.

tbh I didn't think Timmy was ready at the start of last year..and he proved that he could play better in the top grade than he can in reserve grade.

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelavation said:
tbh I didn't think Timmy was ready at the start of last year..and he proved that he could play better in the top grade than he can in reserve grade.

True, and thats what I meant when I said you don't know unless you give them a chance.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say now that he is leaving, we will definately see Blake debut before the end of the year.

No future in playing Jeremy in the NRL for us.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
I'd say now that he is leaving, we will definately see Blake debut before the end of the year.

come on Twizz..do you think JT gives a "flying" about next year??..he'll choose the best available in his opinion and at the moment that's Jeremy.

pazzaeel

Juniors

yes, but JT is our coach and Jeremy is going to souths with JT next year. JT will play him in firsts all year to groom him for souths. even if he is playing bad. huge conflict of interest.

we can only trust JT to do the right thing.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
JT will do everything in his power to help the eels. he is not that type of a bloke, he would not put next year before this year

Suitman

Post Whore
forward pass said:
I still think Souths will finish near last next year. 12th at the most.

That is my 1st 2007 prediction !!!

The "Davids only thread will be a success" was another wonderful prediction. ;-) :lol:

Suity

Bigfella

Coach
The best thing JT can do for his personal career is to have as much success as possible in his current role at Parra.

Therefore he will pick the best side possible and do his best to make the finals. It will be his way to prove himself as a coach and press for the head coach's job at the Bunnies

Suitman

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
The best thing JT can do for his personal career is to have as much success as possible in his current role at Parra.

Therefore he will pick the best side possible and do his best to make the finals. It will be his way to prove himself as a coach and press for the head coach's job at the Bunnies

That is so obvious that that is Jason Taylors style, but I'm glad you pointed it out for some of the respondants on this board. It needed to be.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Suitman said:
The "Davids only thread will be a success" was another wonderful prediction. ;-) :lol:

Suity
well you seem to remember it regularly - so it must have had the desired effect :lol: