What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR:- Kidwell signs with Souths

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 14 June 2006

The Real Insurance Rabbitohs have announced the signing of current New Zealand international David Kidwell to a three-year contract today, beginning the Rabbitohs’ on-field recruitment for season 2007.

Kidwell, 29, has played 158 first grade games to date as well as having 18 Tests caps for New Zealand, his most recent in this year’s 2006 Anzac Test. The 188cm, 104kg back-rower is also part of the Storm’s leadership group, qualities the Rabbitohs are looking for Kidwell to bring to the Club in 2007.

“David is a very experienced and respected player in the NRL and his ability to lead and his on-field toughness are things that we will be looking for him to bring to our Club,” Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said today. “David will join fellow New Zealand internationals David Fa’alogo and Joe Galuvao in our ranks next season. We are looking forward to having David on board and wish him the best of luck with the Storm for the remainder of the season.”

Kidwell is also looking forward to joining the Rabbitohs later in the year. “I had the opportunity to see the Powerpoint presentation from Peter Holmes à Court and Shane Richardson and to see the vision they have for the Club first hand,” Kidwell said. “Frankly, it’s all very exciting and I look forward to being a part of the rebuilding of the legendary Rabbitohs. They have a strong group of young players coming through the grades and I’m really looking forward to playing with them next year.”

South Sydney’s Executive Chairman Peter Holmes à Court says Kidwell’s signing is an addition to some of the big off-field signings made by the Rabbitohs already this season. “David Kidwell’s signing is a great start to our on-field recruitment,” Mr Holmes à Court said. “Add his signing to the acquisition of Jason Taylor as Assistant Coach, Mark Hughes as Recruitment Manager, Errol Alcott as Director of Athletic Performance and Anthony Mundine as our Indigenous Liaison Officer, and you can see that we are beginning to put together a team of players, coaching and football staff to take us to the next level as a Rugby League Club.”

It is just me but can anyone else see a footballer making this quote?

Gotta laugh...

"I had the ability to see the powerpoint presentation...."

:lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
They'll have gone from plenty of youngsters coming through to Dad's Army again.

* Nigel Vagana $1 million over three years

* Kidwell for three years

* Peachey is reported to sign for another 12 months

* They are also possibly chasing Jason Smith.

Veterans are a help but most of these blokes are going for the cash which was one thing Souths said they didn't want. Vagana is allegedly getting more than double what the Sharks were willing to pay.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Vagana is a waste of cash. He needs good players around him to perform.

But Kidwell is a good signing for them. I would have been happy to see him back at Parra. We need his kind of tough hard hitting play.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Belly in Brisvegas said:
It is just me but can anyone else see a footballer making this quote?

Gotta laugh...

"I had the ability to see the powerpoint presentation...."

:lol:

:lol: where was that??

V1er

Juniors
I bet storm now wish they came up with a powerpoint presentation, they could have kept kidwell

Gronk

Staff member
OK we need Zappa and Mitchell to do a Power Point course before June 30 !

Utey

Coach
Hellsy said:
I wish we hadn't let him go to start with

Wasnt half the player back then. The move to England was a good decision. Came back with plenty of confidence.

Latest posts