What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MRC charges - Blair maybe out a week

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Blair's been charged with "unnecessary pressure to the head/neck". In the tackle on Luck at no point does he apply any sustained pressure on his head/neck. All he does is twist him onto the ground while holding his shoulder.

Now as far as i'm aware its not illegal to tackle a player around the shoulders, so there was nothing wrong with the tackle.

^^^^Delluded

You can clearly see Blair drop his weight on the back of Luck's head forcing his chin down onto his chest.

Next you'll tell us there was nothing wrong with Smith's attempt to turn Thaiday into a pez dispenser last year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
How do the ESL rules differ?

As soon as anyone goes near the head, it is a penalty. The refs over there have the balls to penalise people for going on and on in the tackle. None of this wrestling rubbish. If I want wrestling I'll watch the WWE.

Noa

First Grade
Exactlt, Michael Luck would not have blown up if it was a normal tackle. This reminded me of the nathan Cayless one where he got severly injured.

fact is butters, if he tackles him around the legs or the waist he does not get suspended. The quicker the nrl goes towards the ESL rules the better. Why do we need people anywhere near people's head!

He was penalised so what are babbling on about.

SDM

First Grade
Just goes to show that the refs and NRL make it up as they go along. They bowed to media pressure with the "Crusher" and the "Chicken Wing" and now they have to look as though they're consistent with their rulings.

It's a joke that all it takes to be charged with a "Crusher" or "Chicken Wing" is to play for Melbourne.

Last time I checked, Hindmarsh didn't play for the grubs. Flogger.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Exactly, and he deserved more that a penalty. Blair deserves a week off for being an absolute tool. There was no need to go anywhere near him arm/neck/head yet Blair decided to.

You Melbourne fans scream blue murder but it is not our fault you guys wrestle like there is no tommorrow.

Noa

First Grade
Exactly, and he deserved more that a penalty. Blair deserves a week off for being an absolute tool. There was no need to go anywhere near him arm/neck/head yet Blair decided to.

You Melbourne fans scream blue murder but it is not our fault you guys wrestle like there is no tommorrow.

Fortunately that is not an offence.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes it is in this context. He wrestled him, deserves a week. I have no sympathy for players that wrestle other players. He used a wrestling hold and it was found out. He was a tool for using the crusher tackle hold.

Iafeta

Referee
As stated above, Luck is a pussy who hardly ever blows up. He gets involved with 50 tackles a game and gets smashed whenever he hits it up, but he takes it all in his stride. This he did not take kindly to. He was twisted in the tackle unnecessarily.

Sadly, Blair's got form in this area. Steve Price reacted down at Melbourne in the finals last year and put in a complaint on field. Yes, I know it was officially part of the Warriors strategy for that game, and it did work, but it was there for all to see.

It's a shame for Adam, I mean he goes down in Kiwi folklore for a wicked World Cup and the try that sealed the World Cup. When he's not getting involved with this sort of stuff he's a brilliant young player, always driving through the tackle and always looking to promote through some exceptional ball playing. I really rate the guy. In retrospect, after initially fuming with what happened, I wish simply that it didn't happen. IMO given what I saw and Luck's reaction, it did happen and he needs to cop a week for it.

MsStorm

Bench
:?
Your scumbag team dug their own hole by introducing much of this wrestling bullsh*t to the game, so if the MRC pay extra attention to them in the review process they only have themselves to blame.

You're wrong, Fatty Vautin and other past players have said teams have been wrestling whilst they were playing.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
:?

You're wrong, Fatty Vautin and other past players have said teams have been wrestling whilst they were playing.

This old argument is trotted out every time the grappling issue is raised.

Melbourne didn't introduce the grapple tackle, but they perfected it and clearly made it a major part of their gameplan. More so than any other team has in the past. Sure, wrestling has always been around in Rugby League, but not until recent years has it been used so effectively and strategically to slow down the ruck.

Butters

Bench
^^^^Delluded

You can clearly see Blair drop his weight on the back of Luck's head forcing his chin down onto his chest.

Next you'll tell us there was nothing wrong with Smith's attempt to turn Thaiday into a pez dispenser last year.

What a shock Blair beat the charge. :lol:

Latest posts