What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MRC News on Dragons Players

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I thought I would create a thread on MRC news. Here is the latest on JDB from the Dolphins game

Dragons stand-in captain Jack de Belin has been charged with a Dangerous Contact offence following his side's loss to the Dolphins.

De Belin, who was sin binned in the opening game of Round 13 for the tackle on Ray Stone, has been charged with a Grade One offence and faces a $1,800 fine with an early guilty or a $2,500 fine if he unsuccessfully contests the charge.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Good news as he is free to play next week.

The inconsistencies with the bin continues as last week we had Radley Headbutt Lomax and cop 4 weeks with no sin bin. I think the bunker called for JDB to be binned from memory not the on field ref. Last week the bunker could have called the same for Radley yet said he lead with the head. Now if it was in a tackle you can say, sure I can live with that but he lead with his head in a scuffle.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Player Charge Record Plea Penalty
Kodi Nikorima (Dolphins) Grade 1 High Tackle - Careless 2nd Offence TBC $1800 - 2500 fine
Ray Stone (Dolphins) Grade 1 Dangerous Throw 2nd Offence TBC $2500 fine - 2 matches
Jack De Belin (Dragons) Grade 1 Dangerous Contact 2nd Offence TBC $1800 - 2500 fine

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Good news as he is free to play next week.

The inconsistencies with the bin continues as last week we had Radley Headbutt Lomax and cop 4 weeks with no sin bin. I think the bunker called for JDB to be binned from memory not the on field ref. Last week the bunker could have called the same for Radley yet said he lead with the head. Now if it was in a tackle you can say, sure I can live with that but he lead with his head in a scuffle.
I may be wrong but my understanding was that Radley only copped the 3 or 4 match suspension due to his bad record, if he didnt have a bad record it would have only been a monetary fine..

Maddragon99

Juniors
Player Charge Record Plea Penalty
Kodi Nikorima (Dolphins) Grade 1 High Tackle - Careless 2nd Offence TBC $1800 - 2500 fine
Ray Stone (Dolphins) Grade 1 Dangerous Throw 2nd Offence TBC $2500 fine - 2 matches
Jack De Belin (Dragons) Grade 1 Dangerous Contact 2nd Offence TBC $1800 - 2500 fine
The Nokorima tackle could possibly lead to a penalty try but given that Bird did plant the ball I wasn’t shocked that the penalty try wasn’t given.

But the Ray Stone tackle not getting penalised or placed on report is a disgrace. In my opinion that tackle was far more dangerous than de Belin’s 10 in the bin.

That sin bin was critical in the context of the game.

steerlerbab

Juniors
I remember Todd Payton cowboys coach raised it last year that big teams are getting more favourable treatment. Basically, what has happened in the last 2 weeks to us, proves this. I believe the referees, those in bunker and touchies are worried about picking on big teams because it can send their career backward - that is why Radley was left on the field after head butt. Regional teams like us, Knights, Raiders and Cowboys should look at Panthers and how they handle it.

BLM01

First Grade
I remember Todd Payton cowboys coach raised it last year that big teams are getting more favourable treatment. Basically, what has happened in the last 2 weeks to us, proves this. I believe the referees, those in bunker and touchies are worried about picking on big teams because it can send their career backward - that is why Radley was left on the field after head butt. Regional teams like us, Knights, Raiders and Cowboys should look at Panthers and how they handle it.
Its not the big teams. Its the media big name (favs) or higher profile players and the timing on how the game is going
They dont want to take the best players from the field for potentially ruining the spectacle
That is why when Brisbane played Parra earlier this year Hopgood got binned for a bit of an accident saving a try in the 1st half. Tough call at the time IMO. Brisbane go on to take a big lead in the game
Ezra Mam got sin binned half way during 2nd half as it was worse than Hopgood and Parra were coming to get em
But the worst of all Payne Haas on RCG and remained on field as Parra were making a game of it. It would of been 13 v 11 as Mam was still in the bin. Parra may have gone on to win it had they been consistent who knows.

BLM01

First Grade
The whole MRC is a farce anyway and jobs created by over zealous admin
The have what 3-5 level of gradings? for a offence and 3-5 levels of different force something to that degree
Work all that out differentiating between each and what they mean then your a genius
That is so they can hide behind it and bend and twist it to suit
What does the lead to. Gives the judiciary and lawyers something to do and get paid
That is why it is so grey and inconsistent just like the bunker
It could all be simplified so easily but they wont to much vested interest from outside parties

Draginzaaar

Bench
Its not the big teams. Its the media big name (favs) or higher profile players and the timing on how the game is going
They dont want to take the best players from the field for potentially ruining the spectacle
That is why when Brisbane played Parra earlier this year Hopgood got binned for a bit of an accident saving a try in the 1st half. Tough call at the time IMO. Brisbane go on to take a big lead in the game
Ezra Mam got sin binned half way during 2nd half as it was worse than Hopgood and Parra were coming to get em
But the worst of all Payne Haas on RCG and remained on field as Parra were making a game of it. It would of been 13 v 11 as Mam was still in the bin. Parra may have gone on to win it had they been consistent who knows.
If that was the case Radley would never get sin binned. But he has many many times.

Draginzaaar

Bench
The whole MRC is a farce anyway and jobs created by over zealous admin
The have what 3-5 level of gradings? for a offence and 3-5 levels of different force something to that degree
Work all that out differentiating between each and what they mean then your a genius
That is so they can hide behind it and bend and twist it to suit
What does the lead to. Gives the judiciary and lawyers something to do and get paid
That is why it is so grey and inconsistent just like the bunker
It could all be simplified so easily but they wont to much vested interest from outside parties
How often do players go to the judiciary? 4 a year?