What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullins...Mullins

Mr Saab

Referee
That was the 1994 major semi.
Cronulla used the exact same move in a semi vs brisbane in 1996 with peachey scoring

juggalo_strit

Juniors
My favourite player when he was around.
I was on TV many times with my "MULLINS MAGIC" sign!
I had mates supporting different clubs just coming to the game waiting for us to be shown.....LOL - it was a pretty big thing when a teenager to be on TV at the footy.

The Newcastle ones on the same page there (in the side bar with other associated vids) were belters. I remember the game well from marathon, Mullins scored 3, 2 were from 90+ metres.

Mullins in 94 would probably be one of the first picked if I could pick an all time 'form season' team.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Brett Mullins was the best attacking fullback I ever saw.

Better than Bowen, better than Slater - Inglis is showing glimpses of being some competition for him there, but Mullins was a pure FREAK! Could go flat out from 0 to 100 like *that*!

Not bad in defence either - I will never forget him chasing down a runaway Matt Seers v Norths in a semi-final in the early-mid 90's. Seers scores and the Bears probably win that game from that point - but as it was that was the catalyst for the Raiders to go on and win that game - and the Premiership that year! Best and one of the most important trysaving tackles EVER alongside Scotty Sattler's pearler on Todd Byrne in the 03 GF!

I have played fullback almost my entire footy career & even though I am not a Canberra fan - Brett Mullins was a MAJOR idol and role model of mine! If I had even 10% of his ability I would be STOKED! Fantastic custodian!

Mr Saab

Referee
CouldaBeenAnything said:
The Newcastle ones on the same page there (in the side bar with other associated vids) were belters. I remember the game well from marathon, Mullins scored 3, 2 were from 90+ metres.

not that well, he scored 4 tries

Noa

First Grade
Lancelot Link said:
Brett Mullins was the best attacking fullback I ever saw.

Better than Bowen, better than Slater - Inglis is showing glimpses of being some competition for him there, but Mullins was a pure FREAK! Could go flat out from 0 to 100 like *that*!

Not bad in defence either - I will never forget him chasing down a runaway Matt Seers v Norths in a semi-final in the early-mid 90's. Seers scores and the Bears probably win that game from that point - but as it was that was the catalyst for the Raiders to go on and win that game - and the Premiership that year! Best and one of the most important trysaving tackles EVER alongside Scotty Sattler's pearler on Todd Byrne in the 03 GF!

I have played fullback almost my entire footy career & even though I am not a Canberra fan - Brett Mullins was a MAJOR idol and role model of mine! If I had even 10% of his ability I would be STOKED! Fantastic custodian!

Are sure your not confused. I can remember 2 incident involving Matt Sears in semi's. Once when HE ran down Mullins and when Darren Albert ran him down.

BTW I agree about Mullins (I lived in Canberra in the mid 90's) at his best the #1 fullback we have seen.

Also at the same age compared to Inglis there's no comparison (Mullo didnt get his act together until his ealy 20's) Inglis is one right out of the box.

If anyone could find a video of THAT chip and chase vs. the Broncos... you know the one I'm talking about... I would be forever in your debt.

One of the most freakish tries ever.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
he was great to watch in full flight i'll never forget that try he scored against the bronco's in 95 i think.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I Bleed Green said:
If anyone could find a video of THAT chip and chase vs. the Broncos... you know the one I'm talking about... I would be forever in your debt.

One of the most freakish tries ever.

indeed!

sydraider

First Grade
For some unknown reason, that try is never replayed anywhere, its total mullins magic, yet so hard to get a hold of, never understood that.