What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi Cultrual Club

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
Hello all you parra fans my first time in this forum been an eels fan since i was born. I was at recent game and found that we have a huge support from a diverse nationalities.
Even by looking at my name you can tell i'm not a typical fan or an aussie and i'm proud to say that the Parramatta eels is the club for all nationalties.

Stagger eel

Staff member
welcome PARRACHILEAN.

you're exactly right, we have supporters from many different nationalities and I've noticed the same while at the game.

sportsmad

Juniors
welcome,
would seem you have good taste on football clubs, i have a mate from Chile supports the knights.....poor bugger.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
It reflects to diversity and tolerance of our area.
Welcome Chilean.

Suity

actually..do you remember an NRL add a couple of years ago where they showed a group of supporters from each club and one of the fans who supported our club was a young girl who wore the traditional muslam head wear with the eels emblem on it??? it looked great. I remember the add was only shown pre season. I think.

Angry_eel

First Grade
i was going back from the sharks game the other night and i saw a group of young indian guys. nice to see the fellow curries(i am one) getting into something other than Cricket.

Suitman

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
i was going back from the sharks game the other night and i saw a group of young indian guys. nice to see the fellow curries(i am one) getting into something other than Cricket.

I reckon that's cool too.

Suity

Nikki

Coach
My Sri Lankin (spl) mate at work talks Footy with me every Monday. Unfortunately his accent is that heavy I struggle to understand him, but every now and then I pick up "parra" and know we are still on the right track :lol:. He even takes his 9 and 6 year old sons to every home game.

Suitman

Post Whore
Nikki said:
My Sri Lankin (spl) mate at work talks Footy with me every Monday. Unfortunately his accent is that heavy I struggle to understand him, but every now and then I pick up "parra" and know we are still on the right track :lol:. He even takes his 9 and 6 year old sons to every home game.

I think that's wonderful.
The diversity of the Eels area is inspiring.
You should be trying harder to listen to what he says, so you understand him better, and then you can lead him further to the Blue and Gold. ;-)

Suity

parrawentyfan

Juniors
My wife's Chinese and is RL (and Parra) obsessed. We go to most games we can. She even hates rugby union with a passion! :D It's great to see people from different cultures at the games, and it's good to see Parra advertising in foreign language papers etc.

cirque

Juniors
Good to know Angry - I am Indian too and a die hard Parra fan so are some of my indian friends......

Latest posts