What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine/Green

John_Travolta

Juniors
God I hope Mundine gives him a title shot, AND GREEN WILL MOP THE FLOOR WITH HIM JUST LIKE HE SHOULD HAVE AGAINST Beyer, but the judges f**kt up and shoul dhave DQ`ed him there and then after head butting time after time AND NOT AFTER HIS BOUT, Green NEXT WC! watch!

Troy

joondalup_giant

Staff member
prolly wont happen for atleast a couple of years, even though i like mundine u can tell how scared he is of green, when is mundines next fight?

John_Travolta

Juniors
Yeah you are right about Mundine being scared of Green....you also maybe wrong, if Mundine doesn`t defend his title within 6 months and Green is #1 contender he`ll have to fight him lmao, MY GOD I HOPE THAT HAPPENDS.

Troy

p.s......dunno when Mundines next fight is.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
A mundine V green fight would be awesome but dont discount the man. He made echols look like an amatuar and unlike beyer has the spped and footwork to make green miss. Regardless it'll be an awesome bout if it happens.

El Diablo

Post Whore
It won't be happening soon as the WBC have ordered Beyer to give Lucas a rematch and then Green will fight the winner. Green will get another shot at a real world title.

bender

Juniors
It looks like Mundine will be defending against some Japanese guy, who apparently vacated his regional title to avoid fighting Danny Green. I think that Danny and Mundine should actually fight each other now. The timing is perfect, as they are both thought to be the worlds best by their respective camps. It would be the biggest match that could be made for either at the moment. PLus, I dont think a loss would hurt either one too much.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Why would Green fight Mundine?

Green gets to fight the winner of Beyer-Lucas for the WBC belt which is a real world title.

bender

Juniors
El Duque said:

Green gets to fight the winner of Beyer-Lucas for the WBC belt which is a real world title.

Mundine- Green, if done right could be the biggest blockbuster in Australian History. In fact it could bring Danny Green more money than a beyer Lucas match. Call me old fashioned, but if Green cant beat Mundine he doesnt deserve a belt (and vice versa). If Green were good enough, he would beat Mundine, then still fight the winner of Beyer Lucas. AS it stands now, there is still a good chance that the winner of Beyer Lucas will KO danny Green, in which case, he would probably lose all stock to fight a Mundine blockbuster.

El Diablo

Post Whore
bender said:
El Duque said:

Mundine- Green, if done right could be the biggest blockbuster in Australian History. In fact it could bring Danny Green more money than a beyer Lucas match. Call me old fashioned, but if Green cant beat Mundine he doesnt deserve a belt (and vice versa). If Green were good enough, he would beat Mundine, then still fight the winner of Beyer Lucas. AS it stands now, there is still a good chance that the winner of Beyer Lucas will KO danny Green, in which case, he would probably lose all stock to fight a Mundine blockbuster.

Green is wise going for a real title. I have no idea how you figure the winner of Beyer-Lucas KO's Green :?

BTW, If he fought Mundine and won he wouldn't be guaranteed a shot at the winner. He'd be Ottke's mandatory like Mundine is now seeing Ottke holds the real WBA world title.

bender

Juniors
I didnt mean to say that the winner would KO Green, just that it is a very real possibility and a risk.

If he fights mundine, it would not need to be a title match, therefore, he owuld not necessarilly need to throw away his mandatory challenge. I do agree to an extent that the Lucas beyer fight would be for a real title, although i cant really see how either Mundine or Green could claim a "real" world title without beating Sven Ottke, or at the very least Joe Calzaghe.

The way current fighters never fight real opponents and desperately try to cling to the alphabet title (or title shot) never ceases to amaze me.

sato_jones

Juniors
At least keep it real if your going to discuss this.
First of all how can you say mundine is scared of green, he took on and beat the most feared boxer/puncher in their division.
Secondly no fight has been scheduled for Mundine yet, i beleive it will be early in the new year, the rumours have been about the japanese guy but nothing of substance yet.
As for green, well remember Mr Fenech going on and on about how mundine was fighting a blown up welter weight and he should fight people his own size when he fought Sean Sullivan?? Well guess who Green fights next? thats right Sean Sullivan... double standards or what huh...
either way fighting sullivan after being so close to a world title is a huge step backwards for green , i wish fenech would stop this pety shite he has with team mundine and get greeny a better fight...

El Diablo

Post Whore
Green has a guaranteed title bout so he'd be just fighting Sullivan so as to not get rusty.

BTW, Calzaghe is a shit load better than Echols.

sato_jones

Juniors
So you accept the double standards without question? this is what annoys me mundine is a cat for doing it but there is always a good reason for someone else to do the same thing... fighting sullivan will prove nothing for green.
Calzache may or may not be a better fighter then echolls, my point is that why do people say that mundine is scared of green when he was prepared to fight echolls whose record and ability to punch and punch hard was rated the best in the division.. that doesnt make any sense does it

El Diablo

Post Whore
sato_jones said:
So you accept the double standards without question? this is what annoys me mundine is a cat for doing it but there is always a good reason for someone else to do the same thing... fighting sullivan will prove nothing for green.

HELLO, he's not trying to prove anything. He's just keeping fight fit until his GUARANTEED legit WORLD TITLE shot.

Fair dinkum.

sato_jones

Juniors
Why do you not answer any of my other points???

That was a figure of speech when i used the word prove.. Whats wrong with a WBC top 10 or 15 world ranked super middle weight as an opponent? wouldnt you think that s a better lead up fight to a world title then sean sullivan? going in underprepaired is a big mistake and i hope that doesnt happen to him, unlike most i hope they both win world titles