What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine v Geale II

drago brelli

Bench
I don't know all that much about boxing. When ever I hear the name Anthony Mundine and boxing I think farce. Is Mundine out of his depth in fighting Danny Geale. Gale seems to be a serious and professional boxer.

Cletus

First Grade
Geale should win easily. Mundine isn't the same boxer he was 3 years ago and Geale was robbed so badly last time they fought that a rematch was ordered then Mundine ran down a weight division to avoid it. Still ill probably watch it:D

Mong

Post Whore
One has progressed and one has not since the first fight.

Choc is in trouble here..

drago brelli

Bench
He's fighting someone who is really good. Someone has poorly advised him. Geale is the type of fighter Mundine usually avoids.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i thought mundine wasnt fighting in australia anymore cos he wanted the big bucks in the US and there was no one here worth fighting.

realistically mundine has rarely tested himself against the best and has won a few bouts dubiously (which seems to eb the norm in boxing). last time they fought people who saw it said geale was robbed of the decision, and tbh mundine isnt going to put hismelf up against someone if theres a chance he'll lose so i'd expect more dodgy decisions

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Geale was pretty unlucky last time but I dont think luck will play a part this time as he is a better boxer than he was when last they met.

drago brelli

Bench
I notice that the insults from Mundine have started. Geale probably won't respond, he appears to be a person of class and style. Having said that, is Mundine's mother an Aborigine?

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
i thought mundine wasnt fighting in australia anymore cos he wanted the big bucks in the US and there was no one here worth fighting.

Titles makes him worth fighting.

Smart move in the sense that as soon as he had what they wanted they want to fight him suddenly, especially knowing he want to get some revenge. A shot at titles without having to go anywhere.

Bad move in the sense that he probs can't beat him now and his retirement will shortly follow (unless he is like green and struggles to realise it's time to give it away)

lingard

Coach
I don`t know that he`ll win, but I reckon Anthony Mundine is a better chance than most people think.

hutch

First Grade
I loke both of them just as i like all aussie boxers, but I think mundine will win again. I can't believe the amount of people saying geale was robbed last time. It was a close fight, but I thought mundine landed by far the cleaner punches and dropped geale quite early in the fight. Geale was busier but didn't land any shots of note. I think geale has definitely improved since then and if he lands a shot of note he can knock mundine out, but I think mundine will win on points.

Fire

First Grade
Martinez will probably re-match Chavez Jr, so Geale will get Australian exposure for the time being. PPV buys too, more money to him.

Geale won't lose, he's too talented. If Mundine has a good night, Geale is promoted by Shaw, so there's no way Mundine will win.

Hopefully late next year Geale get some fights in the States, maybe Dirrell at MW? Possibly even Bradley a LMW?

Zigwaa

Bench
Mundine will be remembered for his mouth not his boxing or Rugby League talents. The bloke doesn't need to resort to shock comments for publicity.

aqua_duck

Coach
Mundine is quick to accuse everyone of being racist but in reality he's one of the biggest racist there is

Cletus

First Grade
Martinez will probably re-match Chavez Jr, so Geale will get Australian exposure for the time being. PPV buys too, more money to him.

Geale won't lose, he's too talented. If Mundine has a good night, Geale is promoted by Shaw, so there's no way Mundine will win.

Hopefully late next year Geale get some fights in the States, maybe Dirrell at MW? Possibly even Bradley a LMW?

Geale has a mandatory with Golovkin I think but he's fighting someone else. He's also got a mandatory against Sam Soliman believe it or not. The Mundine fight should be a good payday for him before he fights some stronger boxers. I haven't seen many of Mandys recent fights but I did see the one against Garth Woods and I can't see how he can possibly beat Geale. He's developed this terrible habit of turning his back which will end up with him getting knocked out even by Geale.

Fire

First Grade
Geale has a mandatory with Golovkin I think but he's fighting someone else. He's also got a mandatory against Sam Soliman believe it or not. The Mundine fight should be a good payday for him before he fights some stronger boxers. I haven't seen many of Mandys recent fights but I did see the one against Garth Woods and I can't see how he can possibly beat Geale. He's developed this terrible habit of turning his back which will end up with him getting knocked out even by Geale.

Cheers for that mate, I didn't know he had those mandatories. I'll also keep an eye out for that in Mundine's fight this time.

Was really hoping Geale would get a shot at Martinez aye... That's boxing I guess.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...undine-as-racist/story-e6frf7kf-1226499201799

Mansell slams Mundine as racist

David Beniuk From: AAP October 19, 2012 11:55AM
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email

TASMANIAN Aboriginal leader Michael Mansell has told "racist" boxer Anthony Mundine to stay away from the island state until he apologises for comments about its indigenous people.

TASMANIAN ABORIGINAL LEADER MICHAEL MANSELL HAS LABELLED BOXER ANTHONY MUNDINE (PIC) A RACIST. AAP

Mr Mansell has slammed remarks Mundine made about fellow Aboriginal boxer Daniel Geale as "ugly and racist, and an embarrassment to Aboriginal people everywhere".

At a media conference on Thursday to promote a January bout, Mundine said he thought that "they wiped all the Aborigines from Tasmania out".

Geale had "a white woman and white kids", and he didn't see him representing or fighting for black or coloured people, Mundine said.

Mr Mansell accused Mundine of a form of "genocide" and compared him to right-wing commentator Andrew Bolt.

"Racist comments such as those made by Anthony Mundine have no place in Australia," Mr Mansell said in a statement.

"Mr Mundine must be relying on history books written by whites 100 years ago to form his opinion."

Mr Mansell said a myth about the extinction of Tasmania's indigenous people had been perpetuated in the past.

"The making of such a statement is racial vilification identical to the Andrew Bolt claim that fair-skinned Aborigines were not bona fide," he said.

"Bolt was held to have breached racial vilification laws with his comments.

"Racist comments are no less racist because they are made by an Aboriginal against other Aboriginals."

Mr Mansell said Mundine was guilty of "genocide" because he had denied the existence of an entire race.

"Denying the existence of a people on the grounds of colour of skin is to rely on racist theories of racial purity to define identity in an attempt to erase the existence of a race," he said.

"They ignore the struggle Aborigines in Tasmania have had to overcome including dispossession, shootings and massacres, imprisonment and isolation; child stealing and assimilation."

Mr Mansell said Tasmanian Aborigines had withdrawn permission for the boxer to visit the state.

"Mundine has lost respect from Aboriginals in Tasmania and around the country," Mr Mansell said.

"That a high-profile Aboriginal would make such ignorant and ugly statements about Tasmanian Aboriginals is downright embarrassing.

"Mundine must apologise. Until he does, he does not have our permission to enter our country in Tasmania."

Geale said he thought the comments went "too far" and that Mundine often did not think before he spoke.

"I know he is trying to promote a fight but you have got to think a little bit before making statements like that," he told Macquarie Radio.

"I am very much looking forward to the fight coming up now. It's going to be really good."

When asked by 2GB presenter Ray Hadley if he could "put (Mundine) on his backside as quickly as you possibly can", the boxer replied it would be "no problem at all".

"I will do that with pleasure," he said.

Comment was being sought from Mundine.

Struggling to believe what I'm reading

so Geale cant be indigenous because they wiped them all out of Tasmania ?

I know he is trying to publicise the fight but that is such a dumb thing to say

Latest posts