What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine V Nader

Mong

Post Whore
I am pleased for Nader that he has finally got this fight, he has been after it for years... Can't see him bothering Choc to much but he's they type of guy he should have been fighting as comeback or tune up fights instead of the Argies and Co that he has..

Good pay day on the cards for a very likable aussie boxer which he and his young family deserve...

Good on you Nader, put in a good one and get your name back out there...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nader can now lock his cab in the garage for a few months and do what he loves doing, who said choc was a bad bloke?? :)

shiznit

Coach
WTF??? Choc should be fighting someone in the top 10 imo.... he had his warm up fight against the Argy now he needs to build by beating a couple of top 10 fighters.

Nader is rated 96 by Boxrec... thats pathetic for someone of Choc's ranking.

if he was looking for another aussie to fight he could have given Bika a go... Bika wants it... he has a profile in both Australia and in the USA. he ranked at 8 in the world... it would have been perfect for him....

hes going to have to fight someone like Lacy or Froch in his next fight. stop worrying about Danny Green because beating that chump Green for the 2nd time wont do anything for his reputation...

Mong

Post Whore
Of course arranging fights with top 10's is a simple thing... It looks like he is planning to stay busy hopefully while lining up a big fight for later in the year... Heard a trainer of a recent Mundine opponent saying a few weeks ago that there will be a number of surprises in store from the Mundine camp in 2008...

Lets wait and see..

shiznit

Coach
Mong said:
Of course arranging fights with top 10's is a simple thing... It looks like he is planning to stay busy hopefully while lining up a big fight for later in the year... Heard a trainer of a recent Mundine opponent saying a few weeks ago that there will be a number of surprises in store from the Mundine camp in 2008...

Lets wait and see..
i understand where your coming from and your logic is pretty sound but a top 5 fighter doesnt keep busy fighting someone ranked 96 in the world.... and im abit of a choc fan...

he should be at the very least fighting someone in the top 20. keeping busy isnt about picking chumps from the street for a fight... its about picking fighters that suit your style or pick a fighter with a style that you can build on...

are you telling me theres no one ranked lower than 96 in the world to keep Choc busy???

Mong

Post Whore
Of course there would be... Although none of us have any real idea on their availability or contractural situations and requirements...

Nader won't be any push over and will put up a better fight then Mundines last opponent who was ranked in the tp 20..

shiznit

Coach
contractural situations and requirements??
dont over complicate things mate.... Mundine asks Joe Bloggs whos ranked between 15th-95th in the world if he would like to fight a top 5 fighter for the WBA title..... theres no contractual situations... theres no requirements... atleast 65 of those 80 fighters will take that chance in a heartbeat.... choc took the soft option and you cant deny that...

as for Nader.... theres a reason why hes ranked 96 in the world... the guys a bum... hes lost 3 of his last 6 fights... how in the hell does he deserve a title shot?? even a 'Regular' title shot....

Mong

Post Whore
A bum??

It's a bloody hard game, Nader is as tough as they come.. Calling any fighter a bum is very unfair i think considering what they do to get in the ring...

He's lost 1 of his last 3 and has a 45 & 5 record.. Not sure how much you have seen of Nader before but i can assure you he will put up a damn good fight..

What official rankings chart are you looking at that shows Nader number 96 in the world?

shiznit

Coach
i use Boxrec. they rank him at 96 in the world. there usually pretty acurate too. they ranked the argentinian that choc last beat as 98 in the world. which by the looks of the fight was actually spot on.

theres no way in hell Nader deserves a title shot.... there are others who deserve it alot more than him. who in the hell has he beaten of note to get this shot??

Mong

Post Whore
It's a voluntary defense, Nader deserves the recognition and hopefully a fist full of cash regardless of the outcome..

I am happy with the choice of opposition to suit the purpose and as i say, he will put up a good showing..

Mong

Post Whore
Not at all..I'd imagine it's easier to be happy for the likes of Nader on this ocassion then bieng bitter and whinge about the topic all the time..

Collateral

Coach
this would of been a good fight for mundine 2 fights ago...now he is just wasting away his talent. Nader isnt a bad boxer but he isnt in Mundine's league either. . . there's a reasons why this is his first shot at a title.

madmariner75

Juniors
choc better not underestimate this bloke - nader is a tough bugger. im glad 2 c that choc is not fighting another bum or stiff. Would've been closer 4 years ago when nader was at his peak. anyway nader will get a good payday & hopefully be able 2 set up his family.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mong said:
It's a voluntary defense,.
as was the last

when was the last time he defended it against his mandatory for this so called 'world title' ?

i'm sure the WBA rules state you must defend it against the #1 once every 12 months

Mong

Post Whore
He does have to fight the number 1 contender shortly after the fight with Nader, Joe will have to fight choc at some stage as well for the same reasons.

Mong

Post Whore
Is it 18 months from the time they win the belt or the time the number 1 contender has been the number one contender? It would suck if your the number 1 contender and 6 months out the champ loses a voluntary defense..

Latest posts