What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mundine's track about st george

Godz Illa

Coach
I've got it at home, might upload it to the Gallery sometime, for posterity's sake. Good song imo. A great review of it was once written HERE

Possibly the lone exception to this rule of mutual exclusivity between League and music - at least, in this writer’s oh-so-humble opinion - is the Man himself: Anthony Mundine. In 1996 Choc and close friend Daniel Lane wrote, performed and produced a searing piece of hip-hop brilliance called ‘The Saints’. Boasting nimble, adroit raps, a sublime sing-along chorus, and the greatest game of all, it was a song that captured the hearts of not only League fans - who were crying out for a hip-hop Rugby League anthem – but music lovers everywhere. The lyrical content was pure genius – mixing common League terminology ‘we regather on the ten metre line’ and that (now signature) Mundine braggadocio ‘and the next play’s mine/ Two quick steps off the left foot, then a quick chip over the top, that’s all it took’. The chorus, a cleverly skewed version of ‘When The Saints Go Marching In’ done in a modern RnB style, was undeniably catchy. Although ‘The Saints’ was, clearly, a masterpiece, the Rugby League curse did strike. The talented Mundine could not reproduce the goods, and his music career stalled, perhaps forever.

Rexxy

Coach
Cheers Macca, Not as bad as I thought it would be.

what are you talking about, its f'n sensational. That bit about passing the ball out and he names the backline, and the Saints who went before him? And does shout out to him team mates? Brilliant.

Kissing a jumper is one thing. recording a song that names all your mates, well that's just classic.

I still get goosebumps when I listen to this track. Sends me back in time. Watching Choc and Tingha was brilliant. They were just absolute magic.