What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Munster not a Grub!

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Evidently Belly Ache thinks Munster isn't a Grub??? He must have missed the three times Munster has lashed out with his feet this year or the two times Munster got sent off in the Grand Final for kicking.

Melbourne coach fires back after Cameron Munster cops ‘grub’ tag​

Ed Jackson
AAP

Published: 30/06/2021Updated: Wednesday, 30 June 2021 3:44 PM AEST

Claims Melbourne five-eighth Cameron Munster is a grubby player have been angrily denied by Storm coach Craig Bellamy.
Munster came under scrutiny after making contact with his knees on NSW captain James Tedesco in Sunday’s second State of Origin match at Suncorp Stadium.
While the Queensland playmaker wasn’t charged, it is the third similar incident involving Munster this year.

He received separate fines for kicking Blues backrower Liam Martin in Origin I and then Warriors fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in consecutive matches.
The incident with Tuivasa-Sheck prompted Bellamy to say Munster “needs to cut that out of his game” but he was less bothered by the collision with Tedesco last Sunday.
“I thought the incident the other day that everyone seemed to be talking about ... he was going for the ball,” Bellamy said.
“Obviously, James was going for the ball as well.
Queensland playmaker Cameron Munster came under scrutiny after making contact with his knees on NSW captain James Tedesco
Queensland playmaker Cameron Munster came under scrutiny after making contact with his knees on NSW captain James Tedesco.
“I thought he really tried to pull up actually, he could’ve kept going, which would’ve put James in more danger.
“He is a competitive monster, as everyone knows. A couple of times he’s been over the top.
“We all put up our hand to say that and Cameron does as well but I thought the criticism from Sunday night’s game was a little bit unfair.”

The prospect of all four playing looks unlikely, however, with Bellamy admitting he would most likely rest two or three of his Origin stars.

“Coming back, most people were quite happy about that (though).”

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's just misunderstood :)
Reminds me of many before him like Morley, Graham, Gallen etc. Super competitive, prone to nospam29 and occasional brain snaps. But you'd rather have them alongside you than in front of you!

aqua_duck

Coach
He's just misunderstood :)
Reminds me of many before him like Morley, Graham, Gallen etc. Super competitive, prone to nospam29 and occasional brain snaps. But you'd rather have them alongside you than in front of you!
Difference is all those guys are genuine tough hombres who could look after themselves in any era, Munster as great a player as he is would've been belted more than once by now if he played in a previous era

Difference is all those guys are genuine tough hombres who could look after themselves in any era, Munster as great a player as he is would've been belted more than once by now if he played in a previous era
That's true for most current players man.

Nealo 12

Bench
I laugh at the fable stories that past Melbourne players sprook about how Bellamy has turned their lives around, Munster mustn't be listening or started off at a very low base.

no name

Coach
He’s only such a massive grub because he’s been allowed to be.
If he’d been dealt with for his grubbiness initially he might have realised it will negatively affect his team.
In typical NRL fashion they’ve created a monster and the fans have picked up on it.

moffla

Bench
I watch Munsters brain snaps and facepalm every time, hoping the NRL will slap him with a ban or two. I like his lariken behaviour, his off the cuff style to the game...just needs to cut out the kicking!

As for the knees in origin - nothing in it IMO.

T.S Quint

Coach
I watch Munsters brain snaps and facepalm every time, hoping the NRL will slap him with a ban or two. I like his lariken behaviour, his off the cuff style to the game...just needs to cut out the kicking!

As for the knees in origin - nothing in it IMO.

Just like Dylan Brown’s knees against the Roosters earlier this year. Nothing in it.

Latest posts