What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

music to my ears

stumped

Juniors
Terry Rowney has resigned... whooooo hooooo

due to him standing for a position on the NSWRL board, (he'll be back at the jets come Saturday morning when his bid fails)

in accordance with the NSWRL constitution he can not hold a position with the jets and I intend to keep a close eye on weather he abides to this clause,

I also intend to pass this info onto the roosters so that they don't have any negotiations with him as he does not hold a position within the club any longer.

so there you go lady's and gentleman, lets see how the club worms its way around this, he will now have to re nominate for election at the jets come the AGM, lets see how many members are made aware of this current situation!!

boo_boo

Juniors
stumped, i'm sorry to see this happening at Newtown & i just hope that the club can rise above it as they deserve better than what's happening at the moment.

Bluebag

Juniors
nominations must be made 14 days before the AGM I think but th eboard can make appointments outside of this

stumped

Juniors
nominations must be made 14 days before the AGM I think but th eboard can make appointments outside of this
so your saying that the board totally disregard operating in conjunction to the constitution?

this is obvious as the club employs a director and another director gains financial gain through merchandise!

as for nominations being lodged 14 days prior to the AGM, this is another point of conjecture as two years ago when I was a member, I contacted the club inquiring as too whom had nominated to stand for election/re-election less than a week before the AGM only to be led down the garden path with nobody willing or able to inform me of the nominee's, hence I did not renew my membership.

stumped

Juniors
stumped, I'm sorry to see this happening at Newtown & i just hope that the club can rise above it as they deserve better than what's happening at the moment.
boo boo, I agree that the club deserve better, the first step toward a better club is the resignation of Rowney, however this will not stop him sticking his nose in at any given opportunity,

this guy is the opposite to Robin Hood, he robs from the poor to give to the poorer! hence his unsecured loans from the Jets

the saddest thing though is that I have a very reliable source who knows what he is doing to the club but they are too scared to speak out due to what this guy will do if he finds out I am offered this information.

Last edited:

boo_boo

Juniors
Well then i hope everything turns out for the best because if the game of Rugby League loses the Bluebags in any way, shape or form then it will be a day when the game loses a piece of it's soul.
The game of Rugby League is poorer with the loss of Newtown, Norths, Balmain & Wests as these clubs were a massive part of the games fabric & this can never be replaced.