What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my brother needs help

Hallatia

Referee
My only current teenage brother has a problem. He is in year 12 this year, so he has his formal coming up, but he's grade sucks so he needs to come up with a way to dress to his formal which will make a complete farce of the tradition. He thought about dressing in the fanciest way possible - a tuxedo, but people actually dress that way to their formals and this was a reasonable deterrent.

He doesn't like showing much skin, won't dress in a wifebeater, footy shorts and thongs.
He is prepared to wear anything including gloves, helmets, suits of armour ... etc. Donations will be appreciated. Including clothing, money and of course ideas which is what this thread for

He welcomes any idea suggestions, no matter how ridiculous they may seem

Misanthrope

Staff member
Need is probably a strong word given to situation:lol:

Do what I did for my year ten formal. Suit in bright colour, top hat, cane, pointy boots, and lacy cravat.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Trench coat, leather gloves, combat suit underneath, commando boots, dark pants. Punisher style. Would look epic.

Else, Why not try a 60/70's style suit and dress? Suspenders, fedora and the such. That's what I did for a wedding and it looks unreal.

Hallatia

Referee
I'm not sure about the brightly coloured suits, othes might wear them to a formal in an attempt to look good and wearing one may be seen as an attempt to keep in line with tradion. He wants to make fun of it. I love the Punisher suggestion. Jack Sparrow is good too. Keep them coming

Dragon2010

First Grade
Not so much colourful but even "mafia" styled suits stand-out. Plain, elegant and broad cut will work. I will try and get you an example.

Hallatia

Referee
I like the idea, but I think it won't have the desired effect. People would just think he is suited up for the formal like them

Big Pete

Referee
Dress up like the Kernal, complete with bleaching his hair and facial features.

I'd imagine he'd have no trouble growing the appropriate facial hair right?