What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Master Super Plan

Perth Red

Post Whore
Unless we are planning to move to summer rugby I suggest NOT playing every game at run down stadiums with no cover!

mark123

Juniors
I largely agree.

The NRL is the sex toy of the media. Pack every suburban stadium for every game and the NRL won't make as much money as they will from the media - and this is with the fact that News screws the NRL begins it negotiates a good price for itself!

But, underwriting ground costs for Clubs. I heard Steve Noyce say playing at Leichardt costs 55k as a set-up fee. If that's taken as an average then it's 225k each week for Sydney Clubs alone. That's $5.4mil for a season in Sydney. The NRL won't pay that without cutting Club grants, which just nullifies the action.

We need to find some way to buy out News Ltd. Can this actually be done, though? How much would it cost, how would we get this money and would News actually sell and give up its stranglehold?

bingo,

winner

oh, and thanks to the guy with 30,000 posts, he said it right to.

just on news ltd, and the various partners....

they roll in money you or I could only dream about, WE FUND THEM, and business is entertaining to them, a zone experience...hard enough to be challenging to them but easy enough to them to be fun....fun and challenging...how many of you have jobs like that???

well look what we have at the moment: nrl making money for news ltd....for foxtel....for the pacific media group, telstra, news tld papers, continue to name them....

I already said they have you by the balls....they won the whole SL thing, the arl rolled over and died, and you know why???? because their clubs and itself wasnt rich enough, they could not have gone another year, and news didnt really want to spend more money but could have; same old situation (a poor rugby league).....well now news ltd keep costs for the nrl very low (including rights) and maximize profits.

They don't care about crowds, until they have to care.

They don't care about expansion, until they can make more money.

You won't get live into melbourne more, until we complained the hell out of them and proved to them a few people watch and they can grow it.

So when I say go out and do something thats in your power to do, by increasing crowds (and, I know its going to take ages, but start now all the same) by getting decent stadia with all the ingredients, including acceptability to fans, and doing it that way, you tell me to get lost. Look at the balance sheets, a few million more is all you need.

But don't expect news to do it for you through grants and handouts anytime soon: this is because they want less sydney teams, and sorry, but you will get less sydney teams....they have a pretty acurate idea of how many supporters support who, money made, stretigic plan....all the interference from news ltd and all the "i'm dumb" acts from gallop dont fool anyone on here, but put it together....the nrl is on strings, and I am not crapping on.

You want to help your game??? Do whats in your power. Increase the things you can. And yes, in the meantime, sydney sides will merge, die, whatever, hard to cop, but its reality unless they find a wealthy benefactor thats not news.

It all evens out for news ltd in the end. And they make money all the while, and if the nrl is not there at the finish line, another sport will be, taking its place.

:)

You gotta love news. Love me, I am on leagues side. ffs You are trying to solve an issue thats not about sport, its about money. Start talking about money to them, getting rich clubs, to get news rich and you will be onto something....but do-gooding international plans are not on the agenda yet....making more money from nrl and esl IS.

Last edited:
You don't need to read through Mark's threads you already embody his approach to problem solving.

Another man with no ideas. Boring.

Yes, and your idea of an intellectual discussion is to post something then later on say "oh, it was all a joke, I was being sarcastic"...

Here's an avatar you should use, gimp.

_39347924_rik203bbc.jpg

Latest posts