What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My picks for Players of the year

melon....

Coach
Witty said:
Brisbane - Lockyer or Tallis
Cantherbury - Utai
Canberra - O hara
Cronulla - Anyone but kimanderson
Manly - ??
Melbourne - Turner
New Zealand - Jones or Meli
Newcastle - Steven Witt
North Queensland - Williams, Bowen or Norton
Parramatta - Michael Witt
Penrith - Lewis, Wesser, Clinton, Waterhouse or Gower
St George-Illawarra - Blacklock
South Sydney - ??
Sydney - Gould
Wests - Reynolds, Sattler or Hodgson

Just a side question...is that you in the Avatar Witty??? If so, what the f**k are the Admins doing giving Moderator rights to a kid..no offense.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I think it is a very young M.Witt

but even if it is Witty (the poster) who is to say they are not 50 but just have a picture of when they were younger?

Zef

Juniors
I would love to see Big Willie continue on with the sort of form he's been showing lately on my XBOX. But he won't because out in the real world, he's a dud. Just like a certain half-back from The Roosters (get your hand off it Melon).

Price will be The Dogs player of the year again, simply because class is class, full stop.

Willie and Brett Finch will go to The Rochdale Hornets or some backwater in France on a cut-price package deal in '05.

melon....

Coach
Hurriflatch said:

but even if it is Witty (the poster) who is to say they are not 50 but just have a picture of when they were younger?
Good point. As I said no offense meant for Witty, just having a dig at the Admins...Legend I dont mind so much ...Willow can be a prat. :D

MEE

Juniors
melon.... said:
Hurriflatch said:

Good point. As I said no offense meant for Witty, just having a dig at the Admins...Legend I dont mind so much ...Willow can be a prat. :D
It's a picture of Michael Witt from Parramatta when he was younger I believe. 'Witty' knows him or something.

SP

Bench
melon.... said:
Just a side question...is that you in the Avatar Witty??? If so, what the f**k are the Admins doing giving Moderator rights to a kid..no offense.

Thats michael witt when he was 13 yrs old. the photo is of him when he was at his junior league club, Newtown Lions Under 13's.

btw, im 19, 20 in a couple of weeks

SP

Bench
my eagle eye said:
melon.... said:
Hurriflatch said:

It's a picture of Michael Witt from Parramatta when he was younger I believe. 'Witty' knows him or something.

yeah, ive known Michael since yr 4 at primary school in toowoomba, he is about a month and 22 days older than me

Iafeta

Referee
Parramatta - Nathan Hindmarsh
Souths - Paul Stringer
Wests - Scott Sattler
Easts - Craig Wing
Penrith - Rhys Wesser
Canberra - Ruben Wiki
Brisbane - Motu Tony
Saint George - Trent Barrett
Cronulla - Danny Nutley
Manly - Andrew Walker
NZ - Brent Webb
Newcastle - Ben Kennedy
Melbourne - Billy Slater
Cowboys - Travis Norton
Bulldogs - Steven Price

beerboy

Juniors
Parramatta - Nathan Hindmarsh
Souths - Paul Stringer
Wests - Benji Marshall
Rorters - Justin Hodges
Penrith - Girdler/Clinton
Canberra - McClinden
Brisbane - Motu Tony
Illawarra - Luke Bailey
Cronulla - Noddy/Matt Hilder/Paul Franze
Manly - Andrew Walker
NZ - Brent Webb/Toopi
Newcastle - Stumpy Buderus
Melbourne - Billy Slater
Cowboys - Norton
Bulldogs - Ben Harris

JJ

Immortal
Injuries will play a part, but I figure these teams will be happy, and do well (relative to expectations), if these guys stand up and have big seasons.

Parra: Hindmarsh/Cayless - these two on the field and playing well could be enough to get them in the 8
Wests: Marshall (if he plays)
Roosters: Wing
Penrith: Gower
Canberra: O'Hara
Brisbane: Lockyer (a cert if he plays all year)
Dragons: Gasnier/Barrett (surely one of them can stay fit, and do justice to the talent)
Sharks: Nutley
Manly: Hopoate (a hunch)
NZ: Jones (needs to, for the Warriors to go well) - Martin will be a usefull addition, and Marsh will have a big effect
Newcastle: Johns/Kennedy - need the big guns
Cowboys: Bowen
Dogs: Sherwin
Souths: Fletcher
Melbourne: Orford

carlnz

Bench
Souths: Terry Hill
NZ: Clinton Toopi
Penrith: The kiwi second rowers (they have to preform for the panthers to go far)
Roosters: None because they are all cheats, or Chris i dont like losing clubs walker
West: Scott Sattler
Canberra: A rookie will stand up this year
Brisbane: Motu Tony/ Darren lockyer
Dragons: Nathen Blacklock
Sharks: Nigel Vagana
Manly: Hopoate (if injury free)
Newcastle: Robbie o needles
Cowboys: Matt Sing
Bulldogs: El Magic
Melbourne: Bai......woops he is gone so ...anybody!

Rockn

Juniors
carlnz said:
Manly: Hopoate (if injury free)

and contreversy free, which is mighty unlikely I reckon :lol:

Kimanderson.... hehehehe

I Think

Broncs- Neale Wyatt/Brett Seymour
Dogs- Ben Harris
Raiders- Schifcofske
Mexicans- No Doubt... C.Smith
Knights- they only have one player
Cowboys- Norton will be a revalation at 5/8- glad he's a qlder
Eagles- Randall
Eels-Eric Grothe
Panthers- Luke Lewis will play Origin
Sharks- Gallen
Dragons- I hope Gasnier but will probably be injured all the time
Souths- Harrison... either him or Norton for Qld 5/8
Roosters- Who cares
Warriors- Seu Seu- IMO best kiwi player in the world (alright Jones is ;-) )
Tigers- Scott Prince

brook

First Grade
Tigers - Mark O'Neill (as it was last year, Mark has bloomed under Sheens' coaching and the fulltime captaincy will only inspire him to new heights)

Our best player will almost certainly NOT be Galea until he learns to stop missing an average of 5-8 tackles a game - I like Ben but he hasn't played well in years and his defence really is shocking

melon....

Coach
carlnz said:
Souths: Terry Hill
Roosters: None because they are all cheats

Really??? How so?
See there's always a couple of epods in the forums that take a perfectly impartial thread and wreck it because their nappy is soiled.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!