What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My thoughts on the eels form in 08.

GotheTITANS

Juniors
I was listening to the footy on ABC today and at the end of the broadcast they started talking about the eels and how there not sure why the Eels are not performing in 08 especially with the way they finished last year and almost beating the storm and making the grandfinal. So it got me thinking and I compared 08 with 07, and I was amazed at how many differences there are and so its no wonder the eels have started slow.

1/ No Timana Tahu (who would have been the no.1 centre)
2/ No Ben Smith (injured centre)
3/ No Ian Hindmarsh (very big loss)
4/ No P.J Marsh (major loss. The eels are missing his quick dummy half runs and his nack for catching the lazy defender off guard and getting a penalty)
5/ Two of the best wingers in the comp. in 07 A) being Inu injured and B) Hayne having to learn how to play centre)
6/ The Tim smith drama, his lack of confidence form and return from a major operation)
7/ Chad Robinson (injured)

Im sure there is more so no wonder there slow out of the blocks. BUT!!! MAJOR!!! storm warning just wait till they get there groove back. then well see some real good footy. go the Eels and go the Titans. :D

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
Agreed. We are nowhere near the side we were end of last year, on paper or on the field. Hopefull we pick it up but i'd definately be reshuffling the side a little. I think we had the balance almost right back end of 07, why change it so much now then?

jono

Juniors
Very welcome and accurate appraisal from a most gracious winner.
Agree that when the team gels (if it ever does ) it will match up very well against any in the comp.

GotheTITANS

Juniors
thought of another one.
8/ The passing of Hindys dad. (he is bound to be bellow his best as a resut and will take a few weeks to recover and get back to his best footy) :(

Bazal

Post Whore
Agreed. We are nowhere near the side we were end of last year, on paper or on the field. Hopefull we pick it up but i'd definately be reshuffling the side a little. I think we had the balance almost right back end of 07, why change it so much now then?

Ben Smith and Kris Inu injured. (And until this week, Chad Robinson)
Timana Tahu, PJ Marsh and Ian Hindmarsh have left

Five first graders from last year missing. It's fairly obvious

muznik

Juniors
4/ No P.J Marsh (major loss. The eels are missing his quick dummy half runs and his nack for catching the lazy defender off guard and getting a penalty)

A big loss for us. We used to get on a roll from his dummy half sprints.

urban eel

Juniors
1/ No Timana Tahu (who would have been the no.1 centre)
probably
not seeing that he only played 2 or 3 games before getting injured for the TAHS

3/ No Ian Hindmarsh (very big loss)given a chance to find his feet in the side Joe G should be able to fill the same role

Latest posts