What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
He’s got a few strings to his bow.

He can step, pass and kick in play.

I think he’d be a good centre as another attacking option. Bench and rotate even.
He is also a GK, while Api is doing a great job there, he shouldn’t be doing it all.
I didn’t think we should sign him, as he takes a spot from someone else, but if it’s cheap enough, who knows, he may kill it.

Tiger05

First Grade
He is also a GK, while Api is doing a great job there, he shouldn’t be doing it all.
I didn’t think we should sign him, as he takes a spot from someone else, but if it’s cheap enough, who knows, he may kill it.

He has been signed. It's on the official site.

I just hope it's for 150k. At least it's only for one season.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
AD re-signs. If it's one cent more than 150k it's a bad contract. He could though work out in the centres if the stars align with the aquarius sun or some other rare event.

We have plenty of worse players on more than $150K in the squad. Would be safe to suggest he's taken a significant pay cut and his betting on himself getting back into form and getting a bigger deal from 2026 onwards. I don't mind it. He's had some strong games in attack for us before. Just hope he can stay injury-free.

Nutz

Bench
He’s got a few strings to his bow.

He can step, pass and kick in play.

I think he’d be a good centre as another attacking option. Bench and rotate even.
And boast.
Even before he got injured his front on D was sus so I'd like him as a centre further from the edges but he thinks he's a controlling 5/8.
Speed will be his biggest hurdle after his (third?) reco so running wide at pace may also be a problem with centre for him.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm also prepared to trust Richo on this as well, that his contract reflects his situation.

Pezz70

Juniors

Ex-cop charged with perjury over key text messages in NRL star’s trial​

This is a terrible story, if true for de Belin, what a shambles the justice system can be at times.
Couldn’t pay me enough to be a cop. Imagine the pressure on that poor bastard, media attention, bosses all over him, wouldn’t matter which way he turned he is gonna cop shit, but the other side I guess if he has intentionally done De Belin a disservice he deserves whatever medicine he cops. Just seems like a no win situation to me.

Tigerm

First Grade
Couldn’t pay me enough to be a cop. Imagine the pressure on that poor bastard, media attention, bosses all over him, wouldn’t matter which way he turned he is gonna cop shit, but the other side I guess if he has intentionally done De Belin a disservice he deserves whatever medicine he cops. Just seems like a no win situation to me.
Not sure how you see the cop as being duded, if it's proven he lied, then he deserves to cop shit.
De Belin certainly did. And now, unfairly it seems.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm also prepared to trust Richo on this as well, that his contract reflects his situation.
Doueihi was offered a minimum wage contract for 2025 but he knocked it back to play his way into a better deal.
It’s unclear whether the Tigers upped their offer but Doueihi has put pen to paper on a new deal that will keep him at the club until the end of next season.

Fordy20

Juniors
And boast.
Even before he got injured his front on D was sus so I'd like him as a centre further from the edges but he thinks he's a controlling 5/8.
Speed will be his biggest hurdle after his (third?) reco so running wide at pace may also be a problem with centre for him.

Centre is one of the harder positions to defend in. I reckon Doueihi would have struggled there even before considering his lack of pace.

We have plenty of worse players on more than $150K in the squad. Would be safe to suggest he's taken a significant pay cut and his betting on himself getting back into form and getting a bigger deal from 2026 onwards. I don't mind it. He's had some strong games in attack for us before. Just hope he can stay injury-free.

That's true. If he's on minimum wage, he might not even be in the top 30. Seeing the number of 19-20yo players in NSW Cup is concerning, so having a journeyman willing to set standards at that level would definitely be useful.

Nutz

Bench
Centre is one of the harder positions to defend in. I reckon Doueihi would have struggled there even before considering his lack of pace.

That's true. If he's on minimum wage, he might not even be in the top 30. Seeing the number of 19-20yo players in NSW Cup is concerning, so having a journeyman willing to set standards at that level would definitely be useful.
Yep, played over 20 years as a centre and I can totally agree with you. It's a very underrated position and pays less.

Last edited:
Minimum wage is something around $130k and the average should be a bit over $400k a player.

Ponga on $1.4m or 3.5 times the average.

I’m not sure how they work debutants out.

Players can get win bonuses and $100k car allowance.

When I get some time, I’d like to work out some base standards for the average player and what the $400k actually buys in defence, metres, average points and stuff.

I did calculate once that the average game is worth about $4m in player costs etc. The cap it underpays players on this basis. I imagine that’s not a popular view while the rest of us are eating dog food compared to players feasts.

Its just averages and stuff, but I’d interested to see if a Stef is worth twice the average player.

And I’m not a big fan on individual player overload. Moses was injured, parra crashed and burned accordingly.

We are fortunate to see the young guys step up. That’s going to set the cat amongst the pigeons next round of contract talks

Galvo didn’t play and the sky didn’t fall in, due to Benji for player selections and game management. That’s what we need.

Its early days and we might collapse next weekend, but if the kids are going to play with that effort and keep building, we might rethink our recruitment.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Minimum wage is something around $130k and the average should be a bit over $400k a player.

When I get some time, I’d like to work out some base standards for the average player and what the $400k actually buys in defence, metres, average points and stuff.

I did calculate once that the average game is worth about $4m in player costs etc. The cap it underpays players on this basis. I imagine that’s not a popular view while the rest of us are eating dog food compared to players feasts.

Its just averages and stuff, but I’d interested to see if a Stef is worth twice the average player.

And I’m not a big fan on individual player overload. Moses was injured, parra crashed and burned accordingly.

We are fortunate to see the young guys step up. That’s going to set the cat amongst the pigeons next round of contract talks

Galvo didn’t play and the sky didn’t fall in, due to Benji for player selections and game management. That’s what we need.

Its early days and we might collapse next weekend, but if the kids are going to play with that effort and keep building, we might rethink our recruitment.
That's why club's are desperate to shore up their pathway catchment unless your club has major financiers like uncle Nick.
Kit is a good kid and should bring energy.

Tigerm

First Grade

I think this season has shown (again) that the club has to get the balance right, with experience and youth.
But importantly how they introduce the young blokes into FG. I think we are going in the right direction, but it does drag you down especially when some of the highly paid who are out of action getting exposed by the young blokes who are showing some willingness.

Yes, they lack experience at this level, but you only get it by playing at this level.

Unfortunately, the highly paid players are letting us down. I was not against the signings, but they haven't delivered value for their pay cheques.

Seems to have been this way forever.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think this season has shown (again) that the club has to get the balance right, with experience and youth.
But importantly how they introduce the young blokes into FG. I think we are going in the right direction, but it does drag you down especially when some of the highly paid who are out of action getting exposed by the young blokes who are showing some willingness.

Yes, they lack experience at this level, but you only get it by playing at this level.

Unfortunately, the highly paid players are letting us down. I was not against the signings, but they haven't delivered value for their pay cheques.

Seems to have been this way forever.
Though I still think we are missing a big bopper FR?
Miller won’t be ready for some seasons, if in fact he makes it.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Hopefully AD walks the talk