What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My thoughts on the Melbourne Storm salary cap scandal

Milhouse2020

Juniors
The Storm are a cancer on the game and the correct punishment at the time would have been to deregister the cheating purple scumbags and burn every ugly filthy purple jersey ever made, preferably while Cameron Smith was wearing one of them.

Calling the Storm the C-word is a bit strong, isn't it?

As a Melbourne Storm supporter, I'm always hearing non-stop about the salary cap scandal and how Parramatta and Manly were cheated out of Premierships (Mind you, the Storm were clearly the better side in both Grand Finals, but don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge).

When the salary cap scandal broke, all of the controversy surrounding it led me to one conclusion.

If the NRL wasn't directly involved, they knew it was happening.

I say this because I find it VERY hard to believe that the Storm was able to get away with what they did, for as long as they did, without people asking questions. I think it's also safe to say that David Gallop and the higher ups at that time knew more than they were letting on.

Which is why the punishment imposed on the Storm wasn't about serving justice. It was about putting the kibosh on it as quickly as possible so questions wouldn't be asked.
IMG_6245.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
If that petulant lunatic Craig Bellamy got so angry in the box one day that his head actually exploded Scanners style in a shower of gore, it would be the most watched/gifed moment in RL history

Anybody who has worked at all with auditors would not be surprised in the slightest that the NRL auditors couldn’t find anything. Would not surprise me if the teams were a senior and a group of grads who get tied in knots by the club CEOs.

Munky

Coach
Anybody who has worked at all with auditors would not be surprised in the slightest that the NRL auditors couldn’t find anything. Would not surprise me if the teams were a senior and a group of grads who get tied in knots by the club CEOs.

It was one dude in the NRL audit team I believe.

Auditors aren't there to find fraud, they exist to add a paid for signature to documents.

Like if the person on trial was responsible for choosing and paying the prosecutor everybody would laugh their arses off at the conflict of interest.

Last edited:
It was one dude in the NRL audit team I believe.

Auditors aren't there to find fraud, they exist to add a paid for signature to documents.

Like if the person on trial was responsible for choosing and paying the prosecutor everybody would laugh their arses off at the conflict of interest.
Oh absolutely

Well they are there to find fraud, just not from those at the top, more so from the shit kickers of the organisation.

Latest posts