What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My thoughts

brook

First Grade
* If Mini is out of SOO it HAS to go to hodgo - He's just on fire atm I couldn't fault him. Part of me though (the selfish part) is hoping he DOES get overlooked 'cause we need him.

* Its fantastic to have Laffranci back - he just looks so good when he hits the line I wish some of our other forwards would take lessons from him

* I think Buckets had his best game of the season so far - lets hope its the start of a turnaround for him because he started to look like the player he was last year.

* Dene showed why I love him - he looks tiny when he plays in the forwards but he still manages to make metres through sheer determination

My points would go to

3 - hodgson
2 - laffranchi
1 - halatau

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
I agree completely with your points for those players Brook!

Halatau had close to his best game in first grade and everything he did was done with pace and power!

Boof is a Hindmarsh-style superstar!! He penetrates the line - hits hard in defence and his work-rate is first class!

And Hodgo has been brilliant (especially under the duress of his recent flu bout)!

I could not believe Prince got 3 Dally M points - especially given those two appalling mid-field bombs into a howling wind!! What the f**k was he thinking the first time - let alone the second time???

Not to say Prince did not do some good things - but I believe those two awful options may have played him out of a likely Origin jumper!!!

simon says

First Grade
Yeah,Boof,Hodgo and Halatau were awesome yesterday.Coudlt be happier with their form,especially Hodgo.He is awesome.

On Prince,with the ball inhand he was dynamic.Looked sharp with bullet passes and created space for the men outside him.

Yet again his kicking game was atrocious.He either puts the ball on the FB's chest or kicks it dead.Those midfield bombs wenbt backwards :lol: .

It might ne time to let Benji take a few more kicks,he has a good boot.We got away with it yesterday,but against the top teams you cant let them into your half easily.

Cheers.

innsaneink

Referee
Brook said:
My points would go to

3 - hodgson
2 - laffranchi
1 - halatau
Cant disagree with that....they were standouts ay....Hodgson is kickin butt...soo good to see him going well, couldnt happen to a nicer guy, and is he tough or what? Im gunna have to find out what hes on and get some.

Simon says said:
Yet again his kicking game was atrocious.He either puts the ball on the FB's chest or kicks it dead.Those midfield bombs wenbt backwards .

It might ne time to let Benji take a few more kicks,he has a good boot.We got away with it yesterday,but against the top teams you cant let them into your half easily.

A bit harsh callin his kicking game atrocious....yeh there were a cpl of shockers there, but on the whole he kicked OK I feel...hes gettin there, got lost against the Roosters but the Penrith and Manly games he kicked well.
Didnt Benji have a kick yesterday?.....I thought it traced the 40 mtr line,....straight across field. :lol:

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Prince's long kicking to the corners throughout the season has been good at times and sh*thouse at others - but those two consecutive mid-field bombs into a gale were brain explosions from a bloke who is supposed to be a rep quality hakfback!!!

Aside from Marshall - Galea also has the ability to take some of the pressure of the kicking game from Prince - while our kicking in the red zone has also lacked the penetration of last year - so Fitzy should be another option we can look to for short-attacking kicks!!

brook

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Hodgson is kickin butt...soo good to see him going well, couldnt happen to a nicer guy, and is he tough or what? Im gunna have to find out what hes on and get some.

Absolutely fearless!

My biggest fear is that opposition sides are starting to target him (see the roosters last week) and the way he plays with absolutely no regard for his own safety has me crossing my fingers that nothing happens to him.

But he can take a beating thats for sure

Hodgo had a blinder and should be SOO FB if Mini is crook. But it'll go to Hornby. Saints are screwed for the next 6 weeks.

I enjoyed Shifcofske's kicking for goal yesterday.

:lol:

simon says

First Grade
innsaneink said:
A bit harsh callin his kicking game atrocious....yeh there were a cpl of shockers there, but on the whole he kicked OK I feel...hes gettin there,

Watch the game again.Tell me how many times he didnt kick it straight to the winger or FB on the full.The one time he didnt kick it to them it went dead.

All im asking is that he finds some space when he kicks.Until then its not first grade standard IMHO.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah Prince's kicking wasnt his best but with the ball in hand it so obvious to see his confidence is back and that is a very good thing for us.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
It's probably 50-50 for the season in terms of Prince's kicking quality!

He has improved since that disastrous display against Saints - but for every kick to the corner for the Duffy try against Penrith - he produces the likes of those backwards mid-field bombs from yesterday!!

Consistency is the key - and he is far from there right now!!

simon says

First Grade
Tigerpete said:
Yeah Prince's kicking wasnt his best but with the ball in hand it so obvious to see his confidence is back and that is a very good thing for us.

With the ball in his hand....he is awesome.I love the bloke.I am so happy for him(and the team) that he is going so well.

I have no issue there.

Eddie.

Bench
His kicks in the second half were not that bad. That swirling wind makes the ball hang up for a age, allowing the fullback and winger to come and catch it on the full. also letting our defensive line get down there and produce a solid kick chase. look at the canberra kicking game it was no better, it was a difficult wind

The two bombs were very ordinary though.

prince is going very well, great signing.

White Tiger

Juniors
we have all agreed that this season, we have lacked a bit of go forward so when your kicking from well inside your your half it's very hard to find space when your trying to boot the ball 50 to 60 metres.

Yesterday the Canberra wingers were playing very deep when we had the wind.
And in the second half well, that howling wind just held the ball up all day.

In saying that i could of shot him when he put that first bomb up.Don't ask me what i did when i saw the second! :evil: :evil:

As long as i see some sort of improvment every week i'll be happy.

bonstonker

Juniors
[quote="brook]
* I think Buckets had his best game of the season so far - lets hope its the start of a turnaround for him because he started to look like the player he was last year.
[/quote]

yep,he sure did.
and it was no coincidence that he was invlolved in all 3 first half tries.
now alot of you may not think he did much,but his execution was spot on along with his defence.

great response to last weeks game buckets.

innsaneink

Referee
simon says said:
innsaneink said:
A bit harsh callin his kicking game atrocious....yeh there were a cpl of shockers there, but on the whole he kicked OK I feel...hes gettin there,

Watch the game again.Tell me how many times he didnt kick it straight to the winger or FB on the full.The one time he didnt kick it to them it went dead.

All im asking is that he finds some space when he kicks.Until then its not first grade standard IMHO.
Im not saying his kickin games perfect, and it wasnt yesterday, but it was better than its been cept for those to bombs, and they all didnt go straight to the wingers or FB.

Latest posts