What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Top 8 Finals System

RufusRex

Post Whore
I honestly think that this is the best system for a top 8

Week 1 ...

Minor Premiers - You can take a week off - you deserve it
Team 2 vs Team 3 - Winner can play the minor premiers in week 2 ... loser gets a 2nd chance
Team 4 vs Team 5 - Winner to play the loser of Team 2 vs Team 3 ... loser piss off
Team 6 vs Team 7 - Winner piss off - you should have won more games in the regular season ... Loser piss off
Team 8 ... Just piss off

I think thats the best situation for a top 8

RufusRex

Post Whore
obviously satire is beyond you ...

tip - look at the game between 6 and 7 ... should give you a real hint.

gregstar

Referee
since its current format came into existence, the only finals game in the first weekend which hasn't yet produced an upset is 1 V 8.

team 7 has beaten team 2 on 4 occasions out of 6
team 6 has beaten team 3 on 3 occasions out of 6
team 5 has beaten team 4 on 2 occasions out of 6.

the 8th team is simply finals stocking-filler.

There's some slow one's in here... (ie the one's who read RufusRex's post and advanced it straight over their heads... whooosh!)

roosters4life

Juniors
The Best System Is The Afl System

1st Vs 4th Loser Plays Winner Of 5th Vs 8th The Winner Gets Week Off
2nd Vs 3rd Loser Plays Winner Of 6th Vs 7th The Winner Gets Week Off
5th Vs 8th Loser Is Out Winner Plays Loser Of 1st Vs 4th
6th Vs 7th Loser Is Out Winner Plays Loser Of 2nd Vs 3rd

MrSharky

Juniors
gregstar said:
since its current format came into existence, the only finals game in the first weekend which hasn't yet produced an upset is 1 V 8.

team 7 has beaten team 2 on 4 occasions out of 6
team 6 has beaten team 3 on 3 occasions out of 6
team 5 has beaten team 4 on 2 occasions out of 6.

the 8th team is simply finals stocking-filler.

Make that 5/7... ;-)

:cool:

King Panther

Juniors
I agree with roosters 4 life(as much as i hate the roosters) the afl system is the best. In the current system no.8 and 7 just don't get a chance! bye bye manly and sharkies!

aussies1st

Staff member
Its a big jump for 8th to play the top team but they have to do it sometime. If they want to win the GF they have to play the best at sometime. If they aren't good enough they get eliminated. Nothing wrong with that.

Hass

Juniors
I love the initial post in this thread.

At first I thought it was some wacked out system until we got to "6 v 7" - I couldn't stop laughing.

I share the sentiments expressed. A top 5 is much fairer, more interesting and sensible.

Nobody complained about the Top 5 in the 24 years it was around - including 7 years with 16 teams in the comp. Compare that to the support the current system of 8 team gets - it is extremely telling.

Cheers.

Latest posts