What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MY WORLD XI

JJ

Immortal
Craig said:
When will people realise, Smith faces first, Hayden doesnt. Richardson faces first, Vaughan doesnt.

ANyway, has anybody noticed Smith's massive technical flaw?

Wow - aren't we the train spotter...

I thought Hayden and Langer alternated - obvioulsy not. But I don't think players' superstitions should affect selections - I am sure that they can adapt, it really doesn't make any difference.

As for Smith's flaws - I'd take them if I could average 58 while opening. Apparently the best bowlers in the world havem't been able to take advantage of this flaw.

shiznit

Coach
fleming will be a certainty for the captancy, there is nonone in world cricket that even comes close to him in terms of captancy.
hes been schooled by the great one, steve waugh.
waugh put him under REAL pressure when he first came up against him.
only in there last series head to head did Fleming come out on top.
even the fat one, Shane Warne admited that fleming is without peer as the best captain in the game.
add to that his improving batting skills i think youll have to include him in there.
especially if its going to be against aussie in the super series next year.
his planning, field positioning and just mental toughness is worth 3 wickets per game.
its not a coincidence that smith's drop in form has coincided with fleming targeting him.
smith will come back from this and be an awesome captain in a few years.
but everyone has to be schooled once and awhile.
as far as the rest of the kiwis go, id wait to see how bond comes back from injury and make a descion on him then.
the rest just aint up to standard.

bayrep

Juniors
JJ said:
Craig said:
When will people realise, Smith faces first, Hayden doesnt. Richardson faces first, Vaughan doesnt.

I thought Hayden and Langer alternated - obvioulsy not. But I don't think players' superstitions should affect selections - I am sure that they can adapt, it really doesn't make any difference.

As for Smith's flaws - I'd take them if I could average 58 while opening. Apparently the best bowlers in the world havem't been able to take advantage of this flaw.

You havent been watching the current series in NZ then.

JJ

Immortal
bayrep said:
JJ said:
Craig said:

You havent been watching the current series in NZ then.

Yeah - I have - we've only had one test!! You'd be trashing Richardson too then? And Fleming? You've got to look at their whole record, and Smith's remains pretty good!

I'm talking tests here not ODIs, and he actually had a reasonable ODI series - started well and faded.