What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name Peter Wynn's 2006 slogan

Nickeel

Juniors
Hi all, how was your summer? Yeah? Me too. You look great.

Some of you may remember last year when, a third of the way into the season, Peter Wynn had still not changed his famous annual Eels-related catchphrase. Recent examples include 'The Eels will Score in 2004' (which was occasionally correct).

After our agitation online, reminiscent in some ways of a annoying talkback host and callers forcing a dodgy politician to account), Wynnie quickly realised the error of his ways, and at our suggestion 'The Eels will Thrive in 2005' was adopted. After a slow start to the season, this slogan single-handedly buoyed Parramatta to a minor premiership.

Driving through Parra through other day, I realised Wynnie - the strain of being a billionaire sports retailer obviously showing - has not yet updated the slogan for this year, with kickoff ONLY DAYS AWAY!!!

This thread is for your suggestions for 2006's rallying cry. 'Six' is a tough number to rhyme with, which means we all need to make an effort. Some ideas of my own:

* - The Eels will Click in 2006 (not a true rhyme)
* - The Eels in the Mix in 2006 (not really inspiring - "Yeah, we'll figure somewhere in the good teams... maybe.")
* - The Eels will Fix in 2006 (means nothing at all, and suggests we are in to match-fixing)
* - The Eels will Twix in 2006 (we might be able to bring on the chocolate bar snack as a sponsor)
* - The Eels get big ticks in 2006 (hopefully that means positive marks or reports, and not cattle ticks)
* - The Eels are Top Pick in 2006 (see 'Click,' above)

It's not easy, but I've just come up with six (get it?) fantastic options. Come on everyone, your turn! WYNNIE, GET OFF YOUR ARSE!

Nick

eelz47

Coach
i remember too nick

i am still waiting under the bridge to meet you to fix the signs up

Nickeel

Juniors
eelz47 said:
i remember too nick

i am still waiting under the bridge to meet you to fix the signs up

Ohhhh yeahhhh... *ahem* I'm still coming Eelz...

*runs away*

Nick

Latest posts