What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name that rusted on bloke on your team ...

no name

Coach
Mitch Rein copped a lot of flak when he was here but I suspect he'd be our 9, and Peats if fit would for sure. Don might get a start too. Brian Kelly for Whare quite possibly. And as bad as he's going, Peach would make our bench, at least.
I'd love the Don and the Peach. Roberts goes all right and Brimson has potential
You can only have them if you take the coach as well.

gUt

Coach
Boyd, Glenn and unfortunately McCullough.

We all know about Boyd's failures by now. Glenn is a 'New Zealand' international who hasn't played a test in over 5 years, and is back in the starting side when we have more backrow potential than ever.

And unfortunately the game has just left Macca behind. I love him as a player, he's a hard worker and no nonsense, but unfortunately he doesn't have the speed, or make dominant tackles, or have a great kicking/passing game from dummy half.

McCullough would be fine in our team if we had a decent organising half like Hunt or Taylor and/or a dynamic, attacking fullback. Because the rest of our spine is a shambles it exposes the fact that McCullough is a one-dimensional player.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Players from the team I follow that wouldn’t make another team?
All of them, especially the coach.
I'll take Hipgrave or whatever that nutter's name is. I'd only play him against the Roosters and Melbourne and give him my full blessing to go beserk.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
McCullough would be fine in our team if we had a decent organising half like Hunt or Taylor and/or a dynamic, attacking fullback. Because the rest of our spine is a shambles it exposes the fact that McCullough is a one-dimensional player.
He is a modern matt ballin. But matt fit in fine with that manly sides attack.

some11

Referee
Except with the wrestle making a comeback, speed out of dummy half is everything these days.

His service is shockingly slow compared to every other hooker in the comp. Doesn't engage any defenders and once a forward has it they've already been met by the defensive line.

Knight76

Juniors
Sione Mata'utia - The guy is consistently average yet gets his spot nearly without question week in, week out.

Almost like the Knights can't admit he isn't up to it, previous club captain and all.

some11

Referee
Sione Mata'utia - The guy is consistently average yet gets his spot nearly without question week in, week out.

Almost like the Knights can't admit he isn't up to it, previous club captain and all.
I'm almost certain he's Alex Glenn's twin brother.

Charlie124

First Grade
Javid Bowen - I just don't get it. He looks like Justin Hodges when he runs, except that Hodges was deceptively fast while looking slow and had some mongrel about him. Javid would barely be a depth player at most other clubs.

AJB1102

First Grade
Sione Katoa also

He's serviceable on the wing for Cronulla but I'm not a fan when he plays hooker for Penrith.

Players from the team I follow that wouldn’t make another team?
All of them, especially the coach.

If you're tossing Arrow out, I'll take him.

Brimson could be something too, definitely for Titans. It's like Brennan has decided he wants a ballplayer and and Mick Gordon at fullback but you can't have both. If Gordon doesn't have it now he never will. Yet AJ can and spends 60+ on the bench.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Warriors have about 6 of these blokes under Kearney. Kata & Hiku lead the way.

Kata, Hiku and Tevaga are the standouts. Sam Lisone to a lesser extent (he gets dropped regularly but shouldn’t be near first grade). And Adam Blair’s been that guy at every club he’s been at except Melbourne.

myrrh ken

First Grade
He's serviceable on the wing for Cronulla but I'm not a fan when he plays hooker for Penrith.

If you're tossing Arrow out, I'll take him.

Brimson could be something too, definitely for Titans. It's like Brennan has decided he wants a ballplayer and and Mick Gordon at fullback but you can't have both. If Gordon doesn't have it now he never will. Yet AJ can and spends 60+ on the bench.

There's a reason Gordon always ends up on the wing at his later clubs. Great winger limited fullback.

Showtime

Juniors
Alex Glenn - At this stage I’m pretty sure he’s getting picked because he seems like a nice guy.

Boyd is a close second. Watching his kick returns where he seems content to just hit the ground or dawdle with no desire to at least add a few extra metres forces me to watch K Hunt highlights and reminisce.

Actually our entire spine.

Last edited: