What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name Your Dogs Side for 2008

Ridders

Coach
jimmy_the_greek said:
just my opinion but i think Ryan will suit the front row, he hasn't been that fast this season and has had a poor season compared to his standards.

i'll agree with you there, problem its a bit hard to drop him considering he is the captain.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Ridders said:
i'll agree with you there, problem its a bit hard to drop him considering he is the captain.

You forgetting simon Gillies? He was dropped when he was captain and Britt took over. Don't think Ryan should be dropped just yet though.

ShineDog

Juniors
The Colonel said:
I don't think your mob could go to wrong putting Kouparitsas into five eight. Played a lot of his lower grade career at 13 and 6 and has some very good ball skills.

I fully agree!!

Broomball#1

Juniors
I cannot see Ryan playing front row but its not like backrowers havnt made the transition before, so anything is possible.

Ben Roberts should be at dummy half. Looking at the stats, he made more line breaks than both Hughes and Perry and actually more line breaks than alot of other players. He would be excellent at hooker working with sullivan. Hughes didnt do too much. Hughes had 2 line breaks.

Dont get me started on Perry - offered absolutely nothing this year. Even his defence wasnt that great. He didnt make much more tackles than Roberts. Glad to see he is off.

Kouparitsas at 5/8 could be okay.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ryan played in the front row rotation during 2001 at Parramatta. A lot of his lower grade footy was at prop as well.

Dogaholic

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Ryan played in the front row rotation during 2001 at Parramatta. A lot of his lower grade footy was at prop as well.

Hm, I didn't know that. I guess he would be a pretty mobile prop forward. Would he be able to make any impact taking the ball up though?

BILLYA-BULLDOG

Juniors
MY SIDE TO START 2008:

1.PATTEN
2.EL MASRI
3.MILLARD
4.TONGA
5.NANAI
6.HOLDSWORTH
7.SHERWIN
8.ARMIT
9.SULLIVAN
10.MASON
11.KOUPS
12.RYAN
13.SBW

14.TE MAARI
15.MAITUA
16.HICKEY/TSOULOS/LEANEO/CONRAD (Whoever performs the best in trials)
17.ROBERTS

If players dont perform bring in the likes of Hughes,groom,Utai,Cleal & Phelps
Lets hope folkes gives the young guys like Groom & Barba a shot in the trials to perform
Dont think reni deserves starting spot very bad year & needs to work on defence our biggest problem is ATTITUDE more footy on the field & less crap off it

ByRd

First Grade
1. Patten
2. El Masri
3. Millard
4. Tonga
5. Utai
6. Roberts/Holdsworth
7. Sherwin
8. Armit
9. Hughes
10. Mason
11. Williams
12. Ryan
13. Maitua

14. Te Maari
15. Koups
16. Hickey
17. Sullivan

Then there is the likes of Tsoulos, Leano, Cleal, Briggs (if he gets a contact), Conrad T, Nanai, Winitana, Phelphs, Barba, Groom, Morrin etc. bit more depth for next year with players having debuted this season so there will be alot of positions up for grabs and there is nothing better then healthy competition.

richies

Juniors
1 patten
2 haz , only cause he kicks goals:crazy:
3 millard ....run hard u bugger
4 tonga
5. utai/heka.. both need to work on defence dont know enough about crisp
6 roberts
7 holdsworth/groom ...sherwin got to improve big time
8 armit ....being a bit slack lately
9 hughes
10 mason
11 sbw
12 rhyno run straight for once like your cuz's
13 reni needs to get the ball earlier ,not so late

8 justin t ...nothing flash but reliable
9 mick sull
8 hickey/kleal charlie must work hard to earn a spot but has potential
11koups/lee t ,... koups needs to work on defence

also no penalties or be droped or fined for excessive ones
sumthing must be done about this in 2008

aqua_duck

Coach
ShineDog said:
Actually Patten does have a solid kicking / passing game...he just does not have to use these traits as he is the current fullback. :roll:
I'm sure Jarrod Hickey has the attributes to be a great playmaker too

Smartman

Juniors
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Willie Tonga
4. Utai/ Millard
5. Heka
6. Sherwin
7. Groom
8. Hickey
9. Sullivan
10. Ryan
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Mason (C)
13. Nick the Greek

14. Roberts
15. Lee Ta Maari
16. Tamati or Kite
17. Reni

Moving Ryan in the front row would be something different and Mason in the backrow will either work wonders or slightly fail.

Put Groom at half to see what hes got to offer.

We need strike in the back and putting Utai an the centres, he would have the ball more in his hands.

Reni is on his last legs, needs to prove hes worth all the hype.

Sully and Roberts interchanging at Hooker, can also use Groom there.

Knowing none of this will happen, Folkes will stick with the same boring sh*t!

Latest posts