What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name your NSW SOO 3 Team

Tom155

Coach
1 Kurt Gidley
2 Jarryd Hayne
3 Michael Jennings
4 Josh Morris/Matt Cooper
5 Brett Morris
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Brett Kimmorley/Jamie Soward
8 Justin Poore
9 Michael Ennis
10 Luke Douglas
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Ben Creagh
13 Trent Waterhouse

14 Craig Wing
15 Chris Houston
16 Luke Bailey
17 Anthony Watmough

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. J Morris
4. Jennings
5. B Morris
6. Campese
7. Kimmorely
8. Poore
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. Watmough
13. Waterhouse

14. Wing
15. TLL
16. Galloway
17. Douglas

Jason Maher

Immortal
1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Soward
7. Jarrod Mullen
13. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Ben Creagh
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
10. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Robbie Farah
8. Justin Poore

14. Craig Wing
15. Josh Perry
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Trent Waterhouse

I didn't wnat to pick the old blokes in Hindmarsh and Fitzgibbon, but they won't let NSW down, are both in form, and injury to players I would pick instead pretty much seals the deal. Plus I don't want Paul Gallen within cooee of the team.

Jono078

Referee
What's with the Fitzgibbon love? For the most part of this year he's looked washed up IMO, his last 2 games have been solid though.

Rovelli

Bench
1. Gidley (c) - face the facts, he won't be dropped even though Hayne is the better #1

2. Hayne - NSW most dangerous player

3. Jennings - back to form, x-factor in the centres needed to crack the Queenslanders

4. Cooper - great defensive centre and a good finisher. Just what you need in SOO.

5. B Morris - combination with Cooper and Creagh has been great for the Dragons and will bring stability to the NSW defence

6. Campese - deserves another go after being the scapegoat for the Game 1 loss

7. in order of preference: Mullen/Barrett - look to the future NSW with Mullen, or go for Barrett, who has been NSW's best playmaker this series and took GI out of Game 2

8. Poore

9. in order of preference: Ennis/Farah - Farah hasn't been stood out in Game 2 and I wouldn't be averse to him being retained, but Ennis to me seems the type of player to flourish in SOO. And, the Warriors could beat a Ennis-less Dogs team too (haha I am dreaming).

10. Kite - nothing better, Kite is capable, but would have preferred Bailey/Weyman, who are both injured

11. Hindy - Hindy has been great on a losing team this season. His attack isn't great but it's underrated. Defensively, he will seldom miss tackles and will make the desperate tackles. Hoffman is an unlucky omission here.

12. Creagh - See Hindy. Supposedly the guy isn't a great attacking player, but he has been dangerous so far with good speed and ability to get the unload away. Combo with Cooper and B Morris will solidify one side of NSW's D.

13. G Stewart - hasn't reached the heights of 2008, but a gritty player who won't let anyone down.

14. Wing - dynamic in Game 1 in limited time and fits what NSW were trying to do all along - expose QLD's supposed lack of mobility.

15. TLL - think the man deserves his chance. Been playing like a man possessed of late with a new baby son (?) and a new contract to boot.

16. Watmough - was one of NSW's best in Game 2, deserves another run

17. Waterhouse - finally playing on the level that made him and the rest of the Panthers such a scary team circa 2003 and 2004. He's been playing out of his mind for Penrith of late.

So there it is - perhaps I should have named a 2nd prop on the bench instead of one of the second-rowers.

Noa

First Grade
If the Blues are picking for next year Id pick Chris Lawrence. I reckon he's the next best center in the game after the obvious 2 of Inglis and Hodges.

Dragons1990

Juniors
Gidley
B. Morris
Jennings
Cooper
Hayne
Soward
Mullen
Kite
Ennis
Poore
TLL
Laffranchi
Creagh

Interchange:
Wing
Ryan
Waterhouse
Douglas

Broncos fan!

Juniors
My team:
1.Kurt Gidley
2.Jarryd Hayne
3.Michael Jennings
4.Matt Cooper
5.Brett Morris
6.Terry Campese
7.Brett Kimmorley
8.Justin Poore
9.Michael Ennis
10.Joel Clinton
11.Nathan Hindmarsh
12.Ben Creagh
13.Trent Waterhouse

14.Craig Wing
15.Luke Douglas
16.Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17.Anthony Watmough
With O'Donnell, Bailey, Weyman, Galloway all injured.

The team I think they will pick:
1.Kurt Gidley
2.Jarryd Hayne
3.Michael Jennings
4.Jamie Lyon
5.Joel Monaghan
6.Terry Campese
7.Trent Barrett
8.Justin Poore
9.Michael Ennis
10.Luke Douglas
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Ben Creagh
13.Paul Gallan

14.Craig Wing
15.Glenn Stewart
16.Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17.Anthony Laffranchi

andrew057

First Grade
NSW needs Waterhouse. This is what Id pick and have no doubt it would be the best side NSW could throw out there.

01. Hayne
02. B. Morris
03. Jennings
04. Lyon
05. J. Morris
06. Soward
07. Kimmorley
08. Poore
09. Ennis
10. Lars
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Waterhouse

14. Stewart
15. Douglas
16. Someone
17. Gidley

League Legend

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Goodwin
6. Soward
7. Kimmorley
8. Douglas
9. Ennis
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Creagh
13. Laffranchi

14. Gidley
15. TLL
16. M. Hodgson
17. Watmough

Big Pete

Referee
One more attempt:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Joel Monaghan
6. Terry Campese
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Justin Poore
9. Robbie Farah
10. Brent Kite
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Creagh
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Craig Wing
15. Anthony Laffranchi
16. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
17. Anthony Watmough

Liam

Juniors
1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Soward
7. Barrett
8. Poore
9. Farah
10. Douglas
11. Hindmarsh
12. Creagh
13. Waterhouse

14. Wing
15. Houston
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Watmough

Jason Maher

Immortal
Any side that includes Jamie Lyon is by definition not the best side we can put out there. I only included Fitzgibbon because as far as I'm aware Tongue and O'Donnell are not available, and I never want to see Paul Gallen in Sky Blue again (unless there is also black and white in the jersey). Glenn Stewart is the only other option I can think of, other than swapping Fitzgibbon and Waterhouse in the side I picked. One thing about Fitzgibbon is that he always works his arse off, and NSW need that kind of player.

Unless he's had the operation on his wrist or there was some injury coming out of yesterdays game, I dunno why tongue wouldn't be available, then again, he'll never come into contention with the current mob of idiots that run the joint for you guys.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
My team

1.Hayne
2.Morris
3.Jennings
4.Cooper
5.Morris
6.Barrett
7.Wing
8.Poore
9.Farah
10.Clinton
11.Creagh
12.Hindmarsh
13.Waterhouse

14.Gidley
15.Watmough
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Laffranchi

What the hacks will pick

1.Gidley
2.Hayne
3.Jennings
4.Lyon
5.Monaghan
6.Barrett
7.Kimmoreley
8.Kite
9.Farah
10.Poore
11.Creagh
12.Watmough
13.Gallen

14. Morris/Wing
15. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Stewart
17. ??? Waterhouse maybe

ozjet1

If Hayne wasnt #1, i didnt bother reading the rest of a contributor's team.

fancy having the state's most potent attacking weapon on the wing....and expecting the other nuff-nuffs to get the ball to him.

you guys should be selectors. :lol:

Balmain Bug

Juniors
2009 State of origin facts -
Q. Who topped the tackle count in game 1 ?
A. Robbie Farah
Q. Who topped the tackle count in game 2 ?
A. Robbie Farah

2009 NRL facts
Q. What forward has the most missed and ineffective tackles in the NRL?
A. Micheal Ennis

Broncodr01d

Juniors
2009 State of origin facts -
Q. Who topped the tackle count in game 1 ?
A. Robbie Farah
Q. Who topped the tackle count in game 2 ?
A. Robbie Farah

2009 NRL facts
Q. What forward has the most missed and ineffective tackles in the NRL?
A. Micheal Ennis

Wouldn't you expect your hooker to top the tackle count more often than not at State of Origin level? A mute point. Ennis will do the same.

Farrah was well below par playing injured in game two, it cost him his spot. The tackle he (with Poore) missed on Folau was one of the worst in Origin history and his try assist to Darren Lockyer unforgiveable.

Some have argued he looked a little out of his depth at Origin level. You won't get to many arguments from me though would've liked to see him given the chance to redeem himself in the finale with Ennis from the bench.

With the above said, I think Ennis was the first choice for game one and I with many were glad NSW went Farrah.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Wouldn't you expect your hooker to top the tackle count more often than not at State of Origin level? A mute point. Ennis will do the same.

Farrah was well below par playing injured in game two, it cost him his spot. The tackle he (with Poore) missed on Folau was one of the worst in Origin history and his try assist to Darren Lockyer unforgiveable.

Some have argued he looked a little out of his depth at Origin level. You won't get to many arguments from me though would've liked to see him given the chance to redeem himself in the finale with Ennis from the bench.

With the above said, I think Ennis was the first choice for game one and I with many were glad NSW went Farrah.

Farah should never have been allowed to play in game 2. He was very good in game 1.