What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nathan cayless

shiftysmith

Juniors
captain cayless in 2005 has been brillant over the past few years he has not been at his best but this year he has been one of our best..he does not get a mention as much as others but let me say i am glad he is our captain.his defence has been spot on,he is making great metres and most of all his work rate has improved..:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hurriflatch

Referee
HE deserves to be back in the NZ sqaud and if he isn't picked for the tri-nations (barring injury) it will prove that the NZ selectors are a farce and/or the selectors have something personal against Cayless.

Utey

Coach
We held onto the right one. Been carving up and creating 2nd phase play. I LIke IT!

Kornstar

Coach
That round the body pass back on the inside to Morrison to set up Robinson's try last Friday was awesome, there is plenty more where that came from!!!

shiftysmith said:
captain cayless in 2005 has been brillant over the past few years he has not been at his best but this year he has been one of our best..he does not get a mention as much as others but let me say i am glad he is our captain.his defence has been spot on,he is making great metres and most of all his work rate has improved..:clap: :clap: :clap:

Exactly right!
There has been a whole lot of talk about how well Timmy, our new signings etc have played this season, but there is little mention of Caylo.
His presence out on the field truly has had a massive impact this season.
It's fantastic seeing a fit, injury free Captain Cayless. :D

attamarrap

Juniors
I was gonna start this thread last week, yeah great stuff cayless all our older guys are having great seasons thats why i think parra 2005 is being compared to parra 2001 just because guys like vella,wagon,cayless,hindy(always plays well) and pj are playing so well it's got a similar feel

fish eel

Immortal
he is back to one of the top four props in the game now.

And to think, a couple of fools on here wanted him dropped.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
he is back to one of the top four props in the game now.

And to think, a couple of fools on here wanted him dropped.

do you honetly believe his in the top 4!!...He's been a rock no doubt about it, but I'm not too convinced yet!!

fish eel

Immortal
Top four eela absolutely. On form for sure. He was regarded that way circa 2001.

we're coming second. he has laid the platform for that.

Last start, he made over 200 metres against a pack that included Ryles and Bailey.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Who would you rate above him ON CURRENT FORM

I haven't actually thought about it. but he's probably there on current form considering O'Meally just came back from a long stint on the sideline and Price isn't playing.

Alot of experts would probably tell you that his brother is playing much better than him at the moment.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what can I say, he is a Parra Marist player, so he deserves to be honoured

he should be back in the Kiwi team for the tri nations

Hurriflatch

Referee
I agree that Cayless has a way to go before being considered in the top 4 props in the game but when current form is considered there aren't too many better them him and I'd prefer form to reputation.

fish eel

Immortal
If I was picking say, an nrl all star side on form, I'd have Nathan Cayless in there. Only two front rowers have made more metres in the nrl this year.