What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nathan cayless

Stagger eel

Staff member
well at the end of the day, I wouldn't swap him for any other so to me whether he's in the top 4 or not is irrelevent, the fact is, that he lives and breathes for this club like no other, there at the moment.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
well at the end of the day, I wouldn't swap him for any other so to me whether he's in the top 4 or not is irrelevent, the fact is, that he lives and breathes for this club like no other, there at the moment.

Damn straight!

Glen

Bench
Cayless has been back to his very best in recent months. Making plenty of metres, getting us moving forward quickly and providing quick play-the-balls. He's also really starting to get his passing game back, with a lot more short offloads to support players a la 2001. And that inside ball to Morrison against the Dragons was a thing of beauty.

Johnny_Eels

Juniors
Better off having Cayless goin forward leading by example for the young guys and if he stays out of the spotlight it will be less pressure to go and do what he does best.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Who would you rate above him ON CURRENT FORM

Steve Price
Roy Asotasi
Mark O'Meley
Shane Webcke
Paul Rauhihi
Ruben Wiki
Danny Nutley

Those guys are all in outstanding form - as is Cayless - I'd rate him as a contender in their company, but they are certainly in top notch form right now!

Anyway, if I was picking the BEST prop in the NRL, it would come from those 7 and Cayless - so he's at worst top 8!

Bigfella

Coach
Webcke, Nutley, Asotasi, Webb and Price (before injury), Logan and Geddes from Souths (no I'm not joking they have been carrying that mob singlehandedly), have been the standouts for me.

Next rung J Cayless, P Rauhihi, J Cayless (having his best season for a while), Civonoceva, Stringer, Skandalis

On reflection Cayless is probably in the upper group. Stringer too.

strider

Post Whore
hmmmm - best props in hte NRL - let me see.....Cayless, Stringer, Cannings, Peek, Vella, Fui (oops....hehehe)

Seriously....on CURRENT form (and injured guys don't count - Cayless had injuries in recent seasons too, otherwise he could have been playing great then aswell)...

Webke
Asotasi
Caylo
Bailey
Rauhihi

Of course guys like Price and O'Merely would likely be there if not injured.

Alot of props in the NRL are just barge and bash men - some can be quite suspect defenders - I think Caylo has the edge on alot of the others in this department, he is quite a good defender.

PB

Bench
all bias aside, Jason Cayless has been a shadow of the player he has been for the last two years. If they picked an NZ side tomorrow, Nathen would have to be picked ahead of him. Infact Rauhihi is probably in the same boat.

I didnt see the game between the Dogs and Warriors, but before that O'Meley's two games back had only been average at best. He did ots of work, but the quality has been poor & slow. At his best , he is one of the best, but i have Cayless ahead of him at the moment.

He is also playing loads better than Nutley.

So i would say he is next to Webcke, Asotasi as the best inform props at the moment.

Latest posts