What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cayless!

dazeely

First Grade
Why bother. No need to hurry him back now. Make sure its spot on and therefore sit out the season and come back next year bigger and better than ever. Don't risk it now.

Utey

Coach
He rebroke the arm which had the pin and plates. So a couplemore weeks. Iam guessing thats why he is indefinate becuase of the uncertainty.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Man his arm is like chans, one knock and he's gone, he will be like this for the rest of his career cuz his arm never heals properly

ParraMatt

Bench
Yes Grothe will be back this week. I'm pretty sure Dykes and O Dwyer are back this week aswell. Cannings in 2-3 weeks. And Cayless in 4-5 weeks.

Suitman

Post Whore
Maroubra Eel said:
You beauty. Just in time for the off season.

Its alright....the Blues are looking for more players to hit the Mercantile Mutual sign and get them the 100 g's.

Suity

Freak

Juniors
Parraren said:
I've heard he won't be coming back at all this year :?

Same,

And to be perfectly honest I don't really want him to come back this year. If he was to come back for the last couple of games he is likely to get picked in the NZ side for the tri nations and risks breaking the arm again.

He really needs close to 12 months off game contact to ensure that he gives himself every possible chance of no relapse again. If he breaks it again it could be career ending which would be a total tragedy.

Nathan Cayless fully fit is one of, if not the best forwards in the game. He has had a shocking run with this arm and he really needs to be 100% before looking at returning. Why rush him back this year when it is obvious to blind freddy we are a long way off being a contender for the title. Next year with the new recruits we have and many of our stars coming off contract it may be a different story. Im confident it will be anyway!!

True EEL

Bench
i agree Freak.....i don't think Cayless should be risked this year, give him a proper rest and let his arm hopefully heal properly and let him come back next year

Grothe, Dykes and Cannings though would be good to have back, so to O'Dwyer

stuke

Bench
i agree... give him the rest of the year off, make sure he is fit and raring to go at the very beginning of next year.

it was only a few years ago he was rivalling webcke as the best prop in the game.

with his age and experience he should be able to get back to that level... hopefully we can look ahead for him and not risk it in a few games that will be left this year.