What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Fien

Todd Ryan has been going well and improving ever game he has played with the Cutters but Mary has chopped and change combinations to get the right one you had Kennedy who has a lot more senior grade experience but overall Ryan is a better prospect.

Drinkwater was brought to play half so that's what Mary is doing Quinlan has played in the halves but honestly is a better outside back so fullback is a good spot for him eventually he might move into the halves but not right now.

Not sure where you got this info about Mary and Price not respecting each other that's a bit of a leap there sure the Cutters are a feeder team to the Dragons but still they are their own entity and the team is picked with what guys they presume they will have available each week.

redbreed

Juniors
don't worry about the comp, we will never make the 8 with fien at hb.:D

Agree with this. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I like fien as a person and admire him for his passsion but at what stage do things have to change to get a different result. No doubt every body is trying but if the players can't execute the game plan then there must be changes to key positions.

Price is the coach like it or not he is the one that will get the chop if he doesn't get results so he should stick strong to his vision of how he wants the team to play. I have no doubt that if we had different style halves we would be in a different situation now then what where in.

dragonv

Juniors
a good game for fien v eels. With a quality halfback however and Morris returning soon we could start to think top 8 again.

FlameThrower

Bench
a good game for fien v eels. With a quality halfback however and Morris returning soon we could start to think top 8 again.

Fien's best game all year, Soward was Ok, pushed his luck with long range passes, plus failed to find touch, which then results in Eels try later. Overall 6.5 out of 10. Let's not get all excited about top 8' it's Parramatta!

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Fien's best game all year, Soward was Ok, pushed his luck with long range passes, plus failed to find touch, which then results in Eels try later. Overall 6.5 out of 10. Let's not get all excited about top 8' it's Parramatta!
well mate parramatta have been giant killers in the last few weeks.

Saint Anger

Juniors
I've been critical of Fien in the past, but he tried hard tonight and rewarded himself with a great game.

Maybe Fien is like a good bottle of red - gets better with age?

OR

Maybe I give up on the metaphors???

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Fein always tries his heart out. His age (too old) and body (to slow) have caught up with him. And the fact he is playing out of position doesn't help him. But you can't fault his effort week in week out tho

redandwhite1

Juniors
Can agree with you there dragonrickjs he always gives 100% I think the weight of expectation / speculation weighs on him as well, drinkwater will get his chance when we have an injury or two and then be ready to go next year.

TheRev

Coach
Fien definitely tries hard and tonnes of experience, he definitely looked solid tonight though its misleading when the game is so 1-sided, its when you want creativity from him that there is an issue, thankfully tonight the Duges tore them apart and did the creativity for us... though credit for some of the kicks though, id like to see more of that.

Latest posts