What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Hauritz

wittyz chick

Coach
today against South Australia the game was getting away from the Bulls so Martin Love brought on Nathan Hauritz. Now i know alot of u think Hauritz will be another MacGill and live in sum1'z shadow but 4 all who think that, 2day'z match shud have proved u wrong if u watched the match.

Lehmann and Deitz were making a steady partnership n looked 2 hav had the game in SA'z hands until Hauritz came on to bowl his 7th over and took both Lehmann and Deitz in the one over (Lehamnn 75 off 59 & Deitz 57 off 93) then for his remaining overs he got Flower 12 off 14 and Cosgrove 7 off 11. Quite rightly he deserved man of the match after figures of 4/39 off 10 overs including 1 maiden.

Hauritz is showing the form that quite rightly got him picked 4 Warnes replacement in the World Cup...he's fast becomming the big thing ppl had him ear-marked 4 and the reason the vics hav missed out on the ING cup final...also his bowling which helped Queensland win hav landed Queensland with a home final...i hope he performs the same way he did 2day in the final if not well mayb he will jst need a bit more consistency...but 4 now i will say he will be Australia nxt top spinner afta Warne and Brad Hogg retire

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I still think he has a long eway to go.

I'm watching the Aussies at the moment, so I did not see him get those wickets.

Being a finger spinner, its going to be very hard for him to displace a wrist spinner (such as Warnie, McGill, Hoggy or White).

Wrist spinners are is so much more effective, due to the overspin and bounce.

Unless your another Murili, but enough said about that.

Then again Symmonds if bowling pretty good offies at the moment.

wittyz chick

Coach
he cant replace Warne at the moment but 1 day he will have to retire n yes Horry bowls different to Hoggy n MacGill n Warne.
But after all the experience he will get (in his domestic career) b4 they retire he has a good chance at being the nxt Aussie spinner wid Cameron White if 2 spinners r needed...unless ne1 has other spinners they wud include...???

Hoggy

Bench
Hauritz basically won the Bulls the game today ( :evil: ). He used the rough sensationally but SA isn't exactly an international side are they?

Give him time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
wittyz chick said:
he cant replace Warne at the moment but 1 day he will have to retire n yes Horry bowls different to Hoggy n MacGill n Warne.
But after all the experience he will get (in his domestic career) b4 they retire he has a good chance at being the nxt Aussie spinner wid Cameron White if 2 spinners r needed...unless ne1 has other spinners they wud include...???

Can you speak english or do you only talk in SMS.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If he keeps his form up, he might get a chance to tour India. Finger spinners go well in the sub-continent.

Anonymous

Juniors
Hoggy said:
Hauritz basically won the Bulls the game today ( :evil: ). He used the rough sensationally but SA isn't exactly an international side are they?

Give him time.

Niether is Victoria, NSW or the other state sides for that matter.

There is only one way to test someone on the international scene.

Macca

Coach
I doubt he'll be back in the side for a while. I have big wraps on him but he is 4th or 5th in line at the moment.