What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

Jimbo

Immortal
I'm afraid we can't answer you. The bloke in your avatar is breaking our dress code...

thuganomics

Coach
If Peachey is out, then Merrit will play. Stupid Sharks fans. Cnat answer A simple Question. We wil shut them up this SUNDAY!

If Peachey is out, then Merrit will play. Stupid Sharks fans. Cnat answer A simple Question. We wil shut them up this SUNDAY!

shut up troll
how do you know that
it could be kimmorley in, kent to fullback
or kimmorley in, kent to wing, simmons to fullback

Foz

Bench
I need your assistance guys.
I am having trouble working out why we wouldn't re-sign Mr Reick (other than I can never spell his name right)?
Mr Reick gets the selection nod on Mr Merritt (who I am led to believe is on a substantial amount of money for a winger).
We sign the Tigers guy sure (but he isnt even in their first grade side).
I am not going into the abilities of the 3 players but is this a case of we are stuck with Mr Merritt's contract so the decision has been made to keep him in preference to Mr Reick even though Mr Rieck appears to get the approval of the selection committee.
Seems a strange one to me.

thuganomics said:

What happened to the wanker wearing the Terry Towelling hat in your avatar?

Oh you lost the avatar bet? Stupid Sharks fans you were saying.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Foz said:
I am having trouble working out why we wouldn't re-sign Mr Reick (other than I can never spell his name right)?
Mr Reick gets the selection nod on Mr Merritt (who I am led to believe is on a substantial amount of money for a winger).
I am not going into the abilities of the 3 players but is this a case of we are stuck with Mr Merritt's contract so the decision has been made to keep him in preference to Mr Reick even though Mr Rieck appears to get the approval of the selection committee.

Are you are a fan of Mr Reick Foz?

Foz

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Foz said:

Are you are a fan of Mr Reick Foz?

No.

But if we are preferring Reick to Merritt its like we are only perservering with Merritt because of his contract.
Not a good sign.(or am I getting the wrong message?)

imasharkie

Coach
stats from game v warriors from nrl.com
simmons- 4 errors/4 missed tackles
reick- 2 errors/0 missed tackles
merritt- 0 errors/1 missed tackle and add to that 1 try/1 try assist

I would prefer Merritt at full-back (I thought thats why we got him) and Simmons on the wing. Merritt seems good under the high ball and at getting out of goals (like in Newcastle game) and Simmons played better whilst on the Wing.

Merrit is better under the high ball than el stinko rieck.
On another merrit note do you think he was off side from sullys kick or is he that fast?

imasharkie

Coach
he's lightning.
remember the try against the Broncos he was 50 yards behind play then outran everyone to score.

Nuffs

Bench
Russle crowes band said:
On another merrit note do you think he was off side from sullys kick or is he that fast?

he could have walked to be onside

i couldnt believe he looked at the replay more than once

just because he was 3 metres in front by the time the camera had found him doesnt mean he was offside

he was calling for it 2 plays earlier and made sure he was onside. i know because i was watching him. i was making sure he was right on the sideline where he should be. then i saw him put the hand up for the kick

imasharkie

Coach
Nuffs said:
Russle crowes band said:

he could have walked to be onside

i couldnt believe he looked at the replay more than once

just because he was 3 metres in front by the time the camera had found him doesnt mean he was offside

he was calling for it 2 plays earlier and made sure he was onside. i know because i was watching him. i was making sure he was right on the sideline where he should be. then i saw him put the hand up for the kick
and how good was the leap, he was a good foot above Torpi, who is a lot taller than Merritt

Former South Sydney winger Nathan Merritt is fighting for his life in a Sydney hospital.
Merritt, who scored 154 tries over 237 games for the Rabbitohs, was found unresponsive on Friday afternoon.
He was taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown.
Family, friends and teammates have been told of Merritt’s condition.
It is understood he is on life support.
He was staying with his aunty when he collapsed.
Merritt’s condition is listed as serious.
Merritt, now 40, played with Souths between 2002 and 2014.
He scored ten tries or more in a season for eight successive years.
More to come

Rabbitohs legend Nathan Merritt placed on life support

Latest posts