What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Treasure

Anonymous

Juniors
Saw this movie tonight.

I won't spoil any of the fun, except I will say that if you're a fan of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade or Dan Brown's book, The Da Vinci Code, it might be worth checking it out.

Not because you'll necessarily enjoy it, but because the plot is pretty much a combination of those two, albeit set in America.

Some of the scenes are just lifted straight from the third Indie movie. You half expect them to start directly quoting from the Indie script at times.

Love to know what other people who have seen this absolute stinker think about it...

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm going down to Armidale to see it next week, so I'll be able to give you some feedback then. It did strike me as a modern take on Indiana Jones, but I haven't seen a good action movie in that vein since the original The Mummy a few years ago.

Speaking of Indy, has everyone heard about the fourth one being in production?

Munky

Coach
So is it an Americanised rip off of the Da Vinci code?

When I first saw the preview I thought at first it was the Da Vinci code until they started crapping on about the declaration of independance.

Anonymous

Juniors
I thought it was a radther enjoyable film.

Of course there were a few scenes which you could roll your eyes at, but hey it was still enjoyable to watch.

3/5 from me. :)

Mad Dogg

Juniors
While I certainly wouldn't rave over it, I quite liked it. I'd probably agree with Big Pete and give it 3/5.

et

Juniors
I'll probably see it, always had a soft spot for treasure hunts, although you can see in the trailer how blatantly it is targeted at da Vinci Code readers - and if it's dumbed down from that, heaven help us. There's a movie of The da Vinci Code being made too by Ron Howard.

Anonymous

Juniors
But you saw it....

:p

Example: upon discovering a hidden inscription which is extremely cryptic and makes little sense to anyone in the audience, Cage announces... "It's a riddle!"

Munky

Coach
MysteryGirl said:
The Ron Howard version will probably be great.

It has Tom Hanks.

Good at whatever he does, I just wonder if he'll be Langdon or the crazy priest guy.

I reckon Mel Gibson should be the priest.

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Sorry Captain Dread.....
I just COULDN'T resist. I tried....I walked passed it two times but then I had to come back and post it.

Munky said:
It has Tom Hanks.

Good at whatever he does, I just wonder if he'll be Langdon or the crazy priest guy.

I reckon Mel Gibson should be the priest.

Tom Hanks will play Langdon from what I've heard. :evil:

Raider_69

Post Whore
i saw it with my mates when we were on schoolies. had a few hours to kill and gave it a run, not bad, not anything special, enjoyable, but not that good, id go with the 3/5 rating

MysteryGirl

First Grade
OK
I took my daughter to see the movie last night. I really liked it. It may have helped to have actually been to all the places they were showing on the movie but it was a lot of fun to watch

I must be simple minded I guess. :D

Megalomaniac

Juniors
I saw it with my boyfriend. We concluded they made the characters too smart...there wasn't much of a twist and they figured things out too quickly :?