What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Natwest Series Game 3 - Australia v England

Earl

Coach
Australia team:
+AC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, *RT Ponting, DR Martyn, GB Hogg,
MJ Clarke, MEK Hussey, SR Watson, JN Gillespie, MS Kasprowicz,
GD McGrath.

England team:
ME Trescothick, AJ Strauss, *MP Vaughan, PD Collingwood,
A Flintoff, KP Pietersen, +GO Jones, VS Solanki, J Lewis,
D Gough, SJ Harmison.

Ricky Ponting won the toss and elected to bat. Good to see Australia
has bolstered their bowling attack by bringing in Shane Watson :roll:

budz

Juniors
Looks like a bit of a dead wicket with no movement. Seems a bit slow possibly. There should be plenty of runs.

Timbo

Staff member
I want to know what Kat did to get dropped he was in excellent touch yesterday.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Need Brett Lee in the ODI's he always gets the early important wickets.

Remember in the VB series, we managed to get scores lower than what everyone expected yet we got the early wickets and went on to win.

SirShire

First Grade
Michael Hussey is god.

Him and his ~200 ODI average!

Only a paltry ~250 total. I think we will get rolled again

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say still adjusting to the conditions

they can't go from being the best attack in the world, to very old in a couple of months

fish eel

Immortal
Twizzle said:
I'd say still adjusting to the conditions

they can't go from being the best attack in the world, to very old in a couple of months

I'd say though Twiz, that the One Day form, or lack there of was masked last summer by two very poor sides in the windies and pakistan.

NZ pushed us in the first leg of the Hadlee/Chappell, and pushed us again in the first game over there before they were gutted by injuries.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, good point, but Brett Lee, who was man of the series, hasn't played yet either

we are traditionally slow starters, this tour is no different, although no one expected to the loss to the Bangers,

ozbash

Referee
there must be something seriously wrong internally. how do you go from being all conquering to dog food in a couple of months.

if lee hasnt played, you got to ask why.
aussie are a juggernaut, once they get rolling.....

i,d be getting them rolling before its too late, the ashes are the most important prize in the game.