What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:: NBA All-Star Weekend

El Coconuto

Bench
All Star Weekend 2004 -
East All-Stars Starting Five: (as voted by fans)

G: Allen Iverson (Philadelphia 76'ers), Tracy McGrady (Orlando Magic)
F: Vince Carter (Toronto Raptors), Jermaine O'Neal (Indiana Pacers)
C: Ben Wallace (Detroit Pistons)
Coach: Rick Carlisle (Indiana Pacers)

West All-Stars Starting Five: (as voted by fans)

G: Kobe Bryant (Los Angelas Lakers), Steve Francis (Houston Rockets)
F: Kevin Garnett (Minnesota Timberwolves / Reigning MVP), Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs)
C: Yao Ming (Houston Rockets)
Coach: Flip Saunders (Minnesota Timberwolves)

Foot Locker Three Point Shootout:

Participants - Peja Stojakovic (Sacramento Kings / Reigning Champion), Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons), Brent Barry & Rashard Lewis (both Seattle Supersonics), Voshon Leonard (Denver Nuggets), Cuttino Mobley (Houston Rockets).

Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk Contest:

Participants TBA.
(Reigning Champion - Jason Richardson)

989 Skills Challenge:

Participants TBA.
(Reigning Champion - Jason Kidd)

Got Milk Rookie Challenge -
Rookies: (as chosen by panel)

G: Lebron James (Cleveland Cavaleirs), Dwayne Wade (Miami Heat), Kirk Hinrich (Chicago Bulls), Jarvis Hayes (Washington Wizards).
F: Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets), Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors), Josh Howard (Dallas Mavericks), Udonis Haslem (Miami Heat).
C: Chris Kaman (LA Clippers).

Sophmores: (as chosen by panel)

G: Ronald Murray (Seattle Supersonics), Marko Jaric (LA Clippers).
F: Carlos Boozer (Cleveland Cavaliers), Mike Dunleavy (Golden State Warriors), Manu Ginobilli (San Antonio Spurs), Nene (Denver Nuggets), Tayshaun Prince (Detroit Pistons), Amare Stoudamire (Phoenix Suns)
C: Yao Ming (Houston Rockets)

Host: Los Angelas

Should be a good weekend really. A couple of things to take note of would be that if a player is chosen in both the Rookie Challenge and All Star Game (ie Yao Ming & possibly more pending substitute selections TBA) than he will play in both games (The Rookie Challenge being on Friday night and the All Star Game being on Sunday night).

My Tips:
- West All Stars to win by 7+ points.
- Kevin Garnett to earn MVP honours (again).
- Peja Stojakovic to retain 3 point crown (which for the record would be his third straight).
- Can't comment on slam dunk or skills challenge as don't know the participants yet.
- Rookies to clobber the sophmores by 15+ points.

I don't think Kobe will play with his legal battles allowing Flip Saunders to select another gaurd to fill the gap (probably either Michael Finley or Ray Allen).

Your thoughts and opinions peeps?

felix

Juniors
the rookies to win by 15? thats nuts, more like the sophs will win by 15
boozer is having a breakout year, manu and nene are awesome, amare is still playing well and they have yao of course

Interesting that Yao is playing in both games, first time that's been allowed. A lot of people here are surprised that neither Lebron or Carmelo was named to the All Star game.

raz

Juniors
CanadianSteve said:
Interesting that Yao is playing in both games, first time that's been allowed. A lot of people here are surprised that neither Lebron or Carmelo was named to the All Star game.

Those two wil have a great rivalry in future allstar games anyway.

The west should win but next year James will be the superstar to give the east the edge.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Even thou Melo is my Hero :D , i wouldn't have picked him in this years all-star game over KG, Dirk, Peja etc.

Anyone watch the Dunk comp. yesterday? imo if they don't get the top stars in the dunk comp again...Kobe, Carter, T-Mac, Bron etc., then it will die.

Yeah, I think they need the stars in the dunk contest. I don't know why Lebron didn't enter this year, it's the young stars like him who make it exciting. Kobe, Vince, T-Mac all went in it in their first or second year, Lebron should've too.

I must say though that even though they're not big stars, the showdown last year between Jason Richardson and Desmond Mason was as good a duel as the dunk contest has had since Michael vs. Dominique.

felix

Juniors
:lol: dunk contest is a joke, scrap it and bring in a one-on-one contest i say, the dunkers dont have anymore originality
the prizemoney is a bit too low to entice the big stars to play, they probably get paid more everyday anyway

They had a 1 on 1 contest in the 70s. It was taped earlier in the season and they showed it 1 match at a time on the weekly TV game at half-time. It wasn't very exciting as I recall. But maybe it would work better now.

felix

Juniors
oh yeah, i remeber seeing them showing Horse with pete maravich and gervin or someone, quite boring too heh

raz

Juniors
But maybe it would work better now.

Of course it would imagine T-Mac VS Kobe/Carter

They should make the Dunk contest for charity so whoever doesnt participate
gets a bad rep :lol:

Latest posts