What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil Henry

matt

Juniors
gph said:
How much would you offer though, do you go straight to 4 million a season and work your way down?

just more than what the other club offers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
matt said:
just more than what the other club offers.

and if they offer 500k?
Are you and bay advocating we go above 500k a season, where does it all stop?

400k?
500k?
600k?
700k?

First million dollar a year deal in NRL history?

matt

Juniors
show mwe the offer for $500k and we will talk..

seriously 69 unless its the uk what clubs got a stray 500k...

every other club has 3or4 around the mark we shouldhave prepared and had no nuffies being paid rediculous amount of money for limited talent and hauled arse with juniors to tow the line in the case that this ever happened ,fmd id rather run last with local kids than overpaid tourists/bludgers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
matt said:
show mwe the offer for $500k and we will talk..

yours and bays only answer to how much he should get offered is "More then the rival club"
theres manly, canterbury and penrith, all who will have the best part of 500k to spend on todd... where do we draw the line and say "Sorry but we're not willing to pay that much money to keep a player not worth it at this stage of his career?"

Im ballsy enough, are you?

i think a dime over 350k would be farcial, I think he's probably a 250k a year player at the moment max, you'd pay up to 100k extra on his potential, a cent more and we're paying far too much for a player who at this stage of his career is nothing but a very special talent. Hayne, Inu, Falou, none of them are on over 350k and todd certainly isnt in their class

matt

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
yours and bays only answer to how much he should get offered is "More then the rival club"
theres manly, canterbury and penrith, all who will have the best part of 500k to spend on todd... where do we draw the line and say "Sorry but we're not willing to pay that much money to keep a player not worth it at this stage of his career?"

Im ballsy enough, are you?

i think a dime over 350k would be farcial, I think he's probably a 250k a year player at the moment max, you'd pay up to 100k extra on his potential, a cent more and we're paying far too much for a player who at this stage of his career is nothing but a very special talent. Hayne, Inu, Falou, none of them are on over 350k and todd certainly isnt in their class

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush do the maths.

ask ricky why he paid 250 or something a season for an unknown from the dogs..

Raider_69

Post Whore
matt said:
a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush do the maths.

ask ricky why he paid 250 or something a season for an unknown from the dogs..

to earn that 250k the blokes got to play a certain amount of FG games, aswell as other factors such as rep games, im sure there's training targets, fitness targets, all the works, its call an incentive based contract... its what we had TLL on when he first arrived, may even still be on it.

Rep incentives fine, but i dont think an incentive based contract will cut it with TC mate.

so i ask again, where do we stop, what price, max, do YOU think he's worth?
Simple question. I say 350k... You say?

matt

Juniors
mate i told you give me a look at your last offer...and we will see what we can do..market value275 .raiders value you tell me.

Raider_69

Post Whore
matt said:
mate i told you give me a look at your last offer...and we will see what we can do..market value275 .raiders value you tell me.

So market value is 275k... thats reasonable.
Its like buying a car mate, if you and mate are vying for a car, the car is worth 275k, if you're mate wants to go ahead and offer 400k for the car, will you outbid him? Sure its a nice car, great potential, but is potential worth that much over its worth right now?

As ive said once tonight, regarding another situation, smarter men then you or i will make that call. I trust their judgement, its scarcily been wrong for the last 18 months.

Ill tell you this much, if we do lose carney to penrith, the very first thing we should do, is throw 200k at Wade Graham. The kid is a genious. 17 years old, if he continues his current rate of progression, he'll be an NRL rep player by 21

matt

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
So market value is 275k... thats reasonable.
Its like buying a car mate, if you and mate are vying for a car, the car is worth 275k, if you're mate wants to go ahead and offer 400k for the car, will you outbid him? Sure its a nice car, great potential, but is potential worth that much over its worth right now?

As ive said once tonight, regarding another situation, smarter men then you or i will make that call. I trust their judgement, its scarcily been wrong for the last 18 months.

Ill tell you this much, if we do lose carney to penrith, the very first thing we should do, is throw 200k at Wade Graham. The kid is a genious. 17 years old, if he continues his current rate of progression, he'll be an NRL rep player by 21

i know that you are a wade fan but so is 5 other ceos.... if the lefts argument is its to cold down here shouldnt we apply the torch to the bird in the hand..

Canberra will give Carney what he is worth , human nature is that we dont like change , we are comfortable with what we know , Carney will stay , family is pretty big with him , and that will be a major factor , Henry as well , he is home now , so he wont leave. Brisbane now have a problem getting a coach , maybe Bellamy or D, Anderson , but not Henry.

Raider_69

Post Whore
all im saying is no point paying obsence amounts of money unless its absolutely worth it
a few of you seem to be of the opinion that Todd Carney should get as much money as he wants, irrespective of his worth, and the funny thing is, under you're direction, we'd sign todd, well over his worth, then 12 months down the raod we'd lose a Zillman or Picker because we paid overs for todd, and you'd get stuck into management about that

raidersforme

Juniors
legend said:
Exactly. Give the Raiders last right of refusal and he'll stay.

Legend Exactly but ifear that our management won't do this, they will simple be the team that gives him a starting point , instead of saying gives us proof of what you can get and then let us match, if we can't then good luck but if we can then sign.

Also this whole thing stinks like turncoatski once bitten with scumbag twice bitten with turncoatski and i see the same things happening with henry hopefully i am just overreacting to hype and friends who live is brissy

Apparently it is a fifty/fifty with henry some members of brisbane board still want bellamy and know henry won't come for one year, so want a caretaker coach others just see what we see in henry and want a new culture at the club.

Bearing in mind Costigan, Carney, Campsie, Chalk, Dobson, Goodwin, Weyman, logan and turtell are all of contract, yes Costigan has an option after this year, also TLL is of next year and no stopping a release. That some serious talent that could follow and help brisbane alot.

raidersforme

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
all im saying is no point paying obscene amounts of money unless its absolutely worth it
a few of you seem to be of the opinion that Todd Carney should get as much money as he wants, irrespective of his worth, and the funny thing is, under you're direction, we'd sign Todd, well over his worth, then 12 months down the raod we'd lose a Zillman or Picker because we paid overs for Todd, and you'd get stuck into management about that

i agree Carney is a me man and is doing whats best for him, but club should not consider past and downgrade his worth either, that was the risk they took and it has paid of to a certain extent, the club SHOULD pay market value, and Carney should except in a fair and just world.

This is not a fair and just world what Carney has got away with most people would be in jail. you don't think this has in the past and is now building his ego , especially with a manager that wants more commission, hell yes .

Carney will either sign with us for less or sign with dog's/sharks for more money, but this henry sh*te is not helping the raiders

This aint a news flash BUT brisbane news headlines just said that Henry is hot favourite to replace Wayne
I hope this isnt true.

raidersforme

Juniors
FMD just read over at that site, that henry refused to comment on the news about the whole brisbane thing, i know this could be that he is just sick of hearing about it and is staying, But my paranoid side kicks in and he is leaving, with all the comments about henry not liked with players etc, and players upset etc, maybe he has taken it to heart and wants to piss off to where he knows they are already being run as hard as he wants with no whinging and bitching and carrying on like spoilt brats.

All i want is for Henry and Carney to stay for 4 more years so we can win at least two comp's otherwise i will become worst than bay with management this is there final straw with me.

raidersforme

Juniors
Raidersrawesome said:
This aint a news flash BUT brisbane news headlines just said that Henry is hot favourite to replace Wayne
I hope this isnt true.

as i have already said it is fifty/fifty with board, maybe henry knows, maybe not, the figure i am hearing is $450k plus 20% premiership bonus.

And thats why he is favourite.

What's he on with us again anyone?

legend

Coach
I doubt Carney would go to the Dogs considering they have spent 20% of their cap on SBW and Ryan.

Sharks, Manly and Panthers are a concern but all we can do is wait and see what happens. IMO, Carney will only sign a two year deal that will conicide with the expiration of Henry's contract.

JW

Coach
Chill lads.

If Henry is released/bought out to move to Brisbane - which, for the record, I believe isn't as likely as some people are making out - then I believe the chances of a straight swap occuring will increase significantly. Infact, even though i'm no betting man, i'd consider putting money on it.

Brisbane will have had a shortlist of coaching candidates on paper for quite some time now and you can bet a replacement will be unofficially lined up in the not too distant future, and Bennett will know all the details before making a concrete decision on his own future.

Just my 2c.

Latest posts