What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nein gagged by Gallop furore

t-ba

Post Whore
I agree. The Gallop bashing allows the Partnership Board, the real root of all troubles in this game, to avoid criticism. It's ridiculous how they get away from the sh*tstorm smelling like roses while their Patsy (and lets not kid ourselves. David Gallop is a PATSY) takes all the crap for them strangling the life out of the game for the benefit of the paymaster of one half of the Partnership board.

fourplay

Juniors
skeepe said:
There is, there's a $100,000 concession. Of course, this money doesn't necessarily go to Geyer... the Storm are free to dispense it as they please. I daresay it's sitting in some other players' contracts.

Thats only a one off, one time bonus though right ? Just for 1 year.

forward pass

Coach
Hindyscrack said:
What M.Geyer said last week was utter drivel and very selfish... There is no need to get personal, and la ot of the crap that comes out of half wit's mouths like MG and Mario makes me cringe. They never think before they speak, or sit down and look at what they are proposing to see if it is realistic or feasible.

Channel 9 really needs to pick up its act with its 'talent' selection and get people on their panels with some brains. Its embarrassing watching some of these guys represent our sport in the media, just the little things like Chief in his 30's still unable to master the english language and Mario repeating 'at the end of the day' while yelling over the top of others.

Yet interestingly, the person they have who speaks the best, is the most charismatic, and expresses opinions the best is Gus - and he cops it too so I'm not sure what people want.

skeepe

Immortal
fourplay said:
Thats only a one off, one time bonus though right ? Just for 1 year.

No, it applies every year but, as far as I'm aware, only for 1 player... if you have two eligible for the loyalty discount it doesn't matter. At least that's my understanding.

humpy

Juniors
forward pass said:
Unfortunately for MG, if he had thought about this some more, he would have realised that this has NOTHING to do with the salary cap. The Storm think Matt Geyer is getting on and they can get as much value from a younger player - at half the cost.

If they wanted to keep him - they would have. They don't need him anymore and are blaming the cap to deflect any criticism.

This is exactly the case.

Every team will use the salary cap as a reason for moving a player on, but the basic fact is the Storm have Geyer, Faloau & Steve Turner, and they only have 2 positions.

I assume they also have another young winger coming through the ranks.

Geyer is the oldest and probably the most expensive, and if they keep him, they may lose Faloau who is probably due for an upgrade of his contract.

Brutus

Referee
Suck Central on the FS tonight with Gallop.

Although Geyer wasn't as sucky as the censors would have liked.

BlueFenix

Juniors
So let me get this right...

They hardly talk about Football on the FS and now they have been gagged and told to only give general critisisms of the board running the game. (which will be very limited now)

Does not leave much left. I do not care if the No.9 from Canberra can hold a tune. I want football talk. Actually I'll go and have a rant in the FS thread I believe is around.

gaterooze

Bench
An angry Gallop contacted Browne last Friday after Geyer had criticised the NRL boss about the salary cap potentially forcing his brother, Matt, to leave the Melbourne Storm after a decade's service.

Er, MG? They signed Quinn and Newton within the past year -- they easily could have kept Geyer instead of one of those. It's a CHOICE by the Storm.

Brutus

Referee
Geyer just admitted he was gagged the other week on the Footy Show.

He also said he will never be gagged again.