What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nelly vs Van Halen

Who is better?

• Total voters

Mad Dogg

Juniors
imbeciles - typical younger generation.
I'm sure your older generation thought the same when you were listening to the likes of Van Halen and Kiss. Damn younger generation listening to that crap. :roll:

look, nelly is even cooler than coolio, and coolio named himself after cool so you can just imagine how cool he is
But is he cooler than LL Cool J? :p

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Mad Dogg said:
imbeciles - typical younger generation.
I'm sure your older generation thought the same when you were listening to the likes of Van Halen and Kiss. Damn younger generation listening to that crap. :roll:

look, nelly is even cooler than coolio, and coolio named himself after cool so you can just imagine how cool he is
But is he cooler than LL Cool J? :p

I'm 24, hardly that old, yet i know decent music & creative music when i hear it

Ron Jeremy

Coach
But what i listen to is actually music half, instruments are actually involved, that's music ;-) .

I can hear talent in bands, ask any muso like EG or Misty, they know what i'm talking about.

miccle

Bench
Never been a fan of Van Halen, not by a long shot. But put them up against this absolute goose and I'm a died-in-the-wool Van man. :lol:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Van Halen because a: Eddie changed the way the guitar was played and Trey Azagthoth worships him and b: Nellys a stupid ponce who can't shave properly.

Kakihara

Juniors
I listen to a lot of Rap but i'm gonna vote for van halen because i hate Nelly and his pop rap shit.

El Coconuto

Bench
Oh my goodness I can't believe Nelly is going to be dismissed by Van Helen. Looks like the "I hate rap" crew will have their way again. Nelly is my vote for sure.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
El Coconuto said:
Oh my goodness I can't believe Nelly is going to be dismissed by Van Helen. Looks like the "I hate rap" crew will have their way again. Nelly is my vote for sure.
This isn't a case of the "I hate rap" crew not giving Nelly his due, it's a case of pretty much EVERYBODY thinking Nelly's an assclown. I like a lot of rap but teenybopper commercial shit like Nelly does the genre no favours.
If everybody on here hates rap so much how come Tupac got a decent number of votes?

Melstar

Juniors
Nelly got my vote! I really like his stuff, its preetty cool. Country Grammar is one pf my fave albums, i lsiten to it all the time

half

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
I can hear talent in bands, ask any muso like EG or Misty, they know what i'm talking about.
ron, i am a muso myself. lol

quality beats talent

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Your not a muso Half, you can probably play a,b,c,d,e,f,g as open chords on the guitar....that doesn't constitute being a muso.

If you were a muso then you would have picked Van Halen for Eddie straight away knowing the massive impact he had & the band on millions of young guitarists in the late 70's to today.

Anonymous

Juniors
I voted Van Halen.

But I don't see why someone who plays music would necessarily rate VH above Nelly. Just because you like hair metal doesn't mean that everyone does.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Your right El Garbo, there would be guitarists many out there that don't rate Eddie, just like i don't rate Jimi Hendrix, even though the proof is there for everyone to see, horses for courses i guess??

But i've yet to see young guitarist look to Nelly for guitar inspiration, i'd rather choose Devo :?