What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nene Macdonald back at Saints

blacksafake

First Grade
I acknowledge all the arguments not to have Nene back. Fair enough.

In 2018 ( pre ankle break) he was good for us. No not Ado Carr but he carried and bent the line back early in many of our sets. We missed his 108kg punch getting some momentum early in the count 2019.

Genuinely fast for a big guy and can score long range trys. If he gets fresh air in front of him, such as an intercept or put through a gap he will normally score.

If a one year deal at bargain $$$ Nene probably worth a risk. Nathan Fien came back from a significant ankle break in 2010 to be available late in the year for our successful grand final.

Plus Saab on one side and Nene the other two tall wingers for a cross kick.
Ability is not his problem.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Attitude has been discussed, and from where I sit (where it’s winter and cold) it’s really hard to make a call on Attitude. If he can’t convince people he is worth a shot the. Piss him off...

however, he has the skills and was good for us prior to what seemed like big-head-syndrome (that or wanting to go home, or a combo). He seemed to have his head screwed on when he was with us and performed well considering. Has plenty of positive up-side if he is seriously wanting to return to us and perform.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Attitude has been discussed, and from where I sit (where it’s winter and cold) it’s really hard to make a call on Attitude. If he can’t convince people he is worth a shot the. Piss him off...

however, he has the skills and was good for us prior to what seemed like big-head-syndrome (that or wanting to go home, or a combo). He seemed to have his head screwed on when he was with us and performed well considering. Has plenty of positive up-side if he is seriously wanting to return to us and perform.

He needs to vastly improve his defence. For every spectacular try scored, MacDonald concedes three down his wing.

BLM01

First Grade
Every time I see a new message here I shudder at the thought of the title of this thread is about to be true. This thread is almost the definition of watching a horror movie

RufusRex

Post Whore
the change in rules with tackling attackers in the air means we need good strong tall wingers ...
this bloke is the kind of player we need ... attitude is a concern ... but Nene and Saab are going to be the prototype wingers in the new world. Maybe flanno could help?

his strength coming out of defence is missed as well ..

problem is Aitken of course and the tweet from nene a few years back where aitken posted a photo and Nene said "nice to see you are finally learning to pass" says it all.