What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never Before Never Again

Benny

First Grade
Ring St George Leagues Club Stagger. I know they sell Saints: The Legend Lives On.

I just did a qiock search amongst the mainstream book stores and they say it is no longer available. Might have to try ebay or used book sales outlets, I saw one on google but they wanted $120, so perhaps it's now a rare item.

The city library might be the go.

9780732908164.jpg

Btw, I bought mine at a Hurstville book store. Johnny Raper was doing the book signing.

I like rare items...got a link Willow?

getsmarty

Immortal

Revealed: The 64-year-old training schedule that made St George invincible​

St George’s 11-straight premierships or Penrith’s five successive grand finals in the salary cap era – which dynasty is more remarkable? A never-before-seen 1960s training schedule might give us the answer, writes DEAN RITCHIE.

maestro1

Bench
11 is a bigger number than 5 and why there is even a question beggars belief. Can't believe there are still agendas to downplay the incredible "11 in a row" 60 years later. You can't change history Fxckers. These turd reporters who keep asking such an incredibly DUMB question. Until they win 9 in a row, the question shouldn't exist. Jealous pricks.

56to66

Juniors
Every true St George supporter needs to buy this book, before the evil empire decides to buy and burn every copy. The NRL, 99% of all Journalists, and every other non St George supporter has found every conceivable way to diminish this achievement, just the other day I had a Scumulla supporter tell me straight up, Penrith achievement far exceeds the 11 a Row, celery cap, celery cap, celery cap, celery cap pressure, more professional, better game, bluh bluh bluh.
Just imagine if the NSWRL decided not to bring in Scumulla in 1967, St George's run may have continued to 15 in a Row, think about all those players we lost to Scumulla, imagine all those legendary Scumulla players, having to play for the Red V throughout the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, even now, imagine if we had Scumulla's 6 best players, playing for us right now, that would have been St George playing last week vs Penriff not them.
Oh just imagine, the Rorters the Riff and Storm would be cleaning St George's boots before a game.
St George wouldn't have had to have a shotgun wedding to make the numbers for those superleague .........

Last edited:

Jubilee

Juniors
A simple look at video shows that modern players and the modern game (pre-video ref and six agains) are not superior to the old players and game. Are we supposed to believe that Rod Reddy, for example, wouldn't make it today?

Are modern boxers better than old boxers? Roberto Duran would eat the modern lightweights. Are modern swimmers better than Shane Gould?

Just silly.

56to66

Juniors
Most Boxing historians consider Sugar Ray Robinson the best pound for pound boxer of all time.

Boxing record
Total fights201
Wins174
Wins by KO109
Losses19
Draws6
No contests2

However Floyd Mayweather Jr.considers himself pound for pound the best boxer of all time
Boxing record
Total fights
Wins
Wins by KO
The difference Floyd has become a Multi-millionaire, but Sugar had to keep fighting to put food on the table, if Sugar was 20 years old today, he could retire with a perfect record like Floyd with triple his earnings.

Jubilee

Juniors
Most Boxing historians consider Sugar Ray Robinson the best pound for pound boxer of all time.

Boxing record
Total fights201
Wins174
Wins by KO109
Losses19
Draws6
No contests2

However Floyd Mayweather Jr.considers himself pound for pound the best boxer of all time
Boxing record
Total fights
Wins
Wins by KO
The difference Floyd has become a Multi-millionaire, but Sugar had to keep fighting to put food on the table, if Sugar was 20 years old today, he could retire with a perfect record like Floyd with triple his earnings.
Floyd Mayweather never fought outside Las Vegas. For some reason. His 50th pro fight on that record was against an MMA fighter.

There is an interesting video on youtube on Mayweather's persistent and blatant use of the crossface arm in fight after fight after fight. Any other fighter would have lost points. But he was never penalized a single point in any fight.

Apparently the idiot is now broke. How do you throw away a half a billion dollars?

Latest posts