What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEVER EVER, In my entire life have i seen ...

wittyfan

Referee
The worst performance by a referee in the history of rugby league was Shayne Hayne, Cronulla vs. Parramatta in 2003.

He's only still around as there is such a lack of depth in the referee's ranks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:|

Didn't Cronulla lose that like, 74-4 or something? How can the refereeing be more inept than the losing side in such a case?

wittyfan

Referee
He completely lost control!

It's funny to loo back it now, but at the time it was quite shocking.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Clark's up there with some of the worst performances, remember that penalty-a-thon years ago between Parramatta/Penrith at Penrith.

Just on that Cronulla game where the Eels smashed them 74-4, the scoreline still wouldve been embaressing if Hayne didnt lose the plot.

gaterooze

Bench
knightsyeah12 said:
I couldnt believe it when he put Halatau in the bin, that was rediculous, the player fliped on top of him how the hell was he supposed to get up.

I would've penalised Mateo for interfering with the marker ;-)

PARRA_FAN said:
Clark's up there with some of the worst performances, remember that penalty-a-thon years ago between Parramatta/Penrith at Penrith.

Just on that Cronulla game where the Eels smashed them 74-4, the scoreline still wouldve been embaressing if Hayne didnt lose the plot.

was that when Peachey got sent off because he asked the ref something while waving his arms around?

mongoose

Coach
wittyfan said:
The worst performance by a referee in the history of rugby league was Shayne Hayne, Cronulla vs. Parramatta in 2003.

He's only still around as there is such a lack of depth in the referee's ranks.

Hayne has improved a lot in the last couple of seasons. I would go so far to say he is the best ref running around.

Clarke isn't that bad but his little powertrips can ruin a game.

Simpkins is too inconsistent, has 1 perfect game and then 2 really bad ones.

Hampstead is just a shocker, has no control over the game.

good times, my 2 best mates at the time were both extremely passionate and supported the Sharks and Eels, the next week was some good times.

Azkatro

First Grade
I actually got the impression that he had a really sh*tty day and was in a grumpy mood for the game.. and took it out on the players. That would explain the way he spoke to the players & the constant barrage of penalties.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Clarke should be shot with a ball of his own sh*t, just a pedantic f**kwit. He belongs in Yawnion with all the penalties he blows.