What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Allianz Stadium seat allocation

1654084662212.jpeg

Just wondering if you guys have seen the proposed seating for members and what your thoughts are.

I’m a Bronze member so I wasn’t expecting a seat on the halfway by any means but thought similar to old SFS around the 10/20m line. Instead, we get behind the goals. Now this wouldn’t have been disappointing if we didn’t get all those emails from the club stating they would reward members who remained loyal during the SCG move and kept their membership active. The SCG is obviously rubbish for league fans and the club so feared losing members that they felt compelled to make promises of rewarding fans who stuck around.

I’ll take any seat I can get but it feels like a con job to get us all to upgrade to gold and the reward promise was quite hollow in the end. I feel a little shafted.

Valheru

Coach
Yeah it's an interesting one as I am also Bronze and was expecting similar seats as well. It does see like they are trying to get us to upgrade but having said that I assume they are (rightly) expecting bigger crowds at the new ground and if they can fill all those bays indicated with members at that level then good luck to them I suppose.

Yeah it's an interesting one as I am also Bronze and was expecting similar seats as well. It does see like they are trying to get us to upgrade but having said that I assume they are (rightly) expecting bigger crowds at the new ground and if they can fill all those bays indicated with members at that level then good luck to them I suppose.
Yep and I would’ve been perfectly fine with all that if they didn’t send out the loyalty email.

H.H

Juniors
Yep I'm a bronze member too. A bit disappointing but I wasn't surprised. I'm actually going to upgrade - probably to Silver but possibly gold depending on cost (which is softened with the 10 month direct debit option).

Just thought I’d let you guys know that I rang the club to find if the Bronze members can get a better seating allocation - you know, squeaky wheel and all that. As expected, the corporates took up a fair chunk of space but what was interesting was that the bays are smaller than the old SFS squeezing us to the in goal area. However there are GA bays on the corners but he couldn’t tell me why that couldn’t be dedicated bronze. He was clearly reading from a script and couldn’t ad lib a response. I also told that including the pic below in your membership communication could be construed as misleading.

1654916279299.jpeg

How many of you bronze members would’ve looked at this (backed with the loyalty email) and think you were going to sit behind the tryline? His response was, “it’s just a generic image”. Well, no shit.
I‘m not upgrading because my mates aren’t and my missus probably wouldn’t let me anyway lol. I have no doubt it’s still gonna be a great experience in the new digs and we can just walk around to the GA areas for the smaller drawing teams, anyway I’m sure.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah I called them too, not for exactly the same reason. I more wanted to check the cost on upgrading to Silver or Gold. Bizarre that they ask you to upgrade with no pricing available.

Anyway, they indicated around $400 for Silver and $500 for Gold. Confirmed in a month or two.

Also, for the opening game, us Bronze members will be stuck in the bays they've allocated for next year - ie, behind the posts. That really pis sed me off, surely as some reward for loyalty (I've been a 21 year member) they'd do a bit better.

Those prices are too steep for me. My kids Chookster membership doesn’t get them a seat as they’re only for SCG this year. I bought my wife a ticket and despite my members’ discount and being behind the in goal, it still cost $50.

Valheru

Coach
Who has their tickets for the stadium opener?

I can't wait! It will be a highlight of an otherwise tough season. I actually believe it will be a winner makes the 8 game.

I am playing catch up, and am sorry to learn about your experience so far. I am a gold member and am looking forward to seeing where my seat will be (hoping it will be close to my old SFS seat). Do you know when the allocations are supposed to be finalised? I am so looking forward to Round 25. It should be an unbelievable atmosphere against the Rabble that night!

Now that i've sat in my allocatyed seats I can categorically say I am extremely unhappy and in fact thinking, after 25 odd years as a season ticket holder to not renew for 2023.

For 20 or so years, my tickets at the old SFS were right on halfway on the western side, and were mostly (and after a move in 2000) completely under cover.

My new seats? Are on the 30 metre line at the Paddington end, and are so far towards the front of the bay, I'm completely at the mercy of any rain at all and now cannot clearly see the far side of the field. I'm too "flat".

I was so unhappy I e-mailed Membership expressing this from my seat on Friday evening. To me the principles they applied to seating allocation didn't work properly, as I suspect a lot of people who formed groups did sso with 1-2 people having 30 or more years membership and the rest with less than 10 (jsut as an example), which means those groups wouold have gotten higher preference seating before those in 1s and 2s (like me).

After all, these were the allocation principals (source: https://www.roosters.com.au/members...pJobID=1540615735&spReportId=MTU0MDYxNTczNQS2) -

How will the Club allocate reserved seats?​

Once the deadline for Members to submit the ‘Allianz Stadium Seating Group Form’ has expired, the Sydney Roosters Membership team will commence the process of allocating Members into reserved seats at Allianz Stadium. The order of allocation will be determined by the following (as per order below):

1. The Group Leader’s Membership tenure. For example, if the Group Leader has 20 years of consecutive Membership support, their entire group will be prioritised in the seat allocation process over a group of Members whose Group Leader has 19 years of consecutive Membership. This is where we recognise loyalty.

2. In cases where there are multiple Group Leaders with the same Membership tenure, the order of allocation will be determined by the following (as per order below):
  • The Group Leader’s 2022 Membership category ie. Current Gold Members seeking a Gold category seat at Allianz Stadium will be prioritised over current Bronze Members seeking an upgrade to a Gold category seat.

Where two Group Leaders share the same tenure and Membership category, we will calculate the average Membership tenure of the Group and prioritise the Group with the longest average tenure.

@Captain Apollo my plan atm is to continue with bronze. On a quiet day, I’m sure there’ll be some empty seats in a better position to choose from. On a crowded day, I’ll be happy to stand somewhere along the concourse to get a better view. Bronze is equally guaranteed entry as gold but far cheaper.

@Captain Apollo my plan atm is to continue with bronze. On a quiet day, I’m sure there’ll be some empty seats in a better position to choose from. On a crowded day, I’ll be happy to stand somewhere along the concourse to get a better view. Bronze is equally guaranteed entry as gold but far cheaper.

Membership have already gotten my request for new seats.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
We are silver members and reasonably happy with out seats eve thought at one end.
But I am considering not re-newing because I am just sick of the NRL and their BS.
I have got more enjoyment out of NSW Cup and RM this year than I have out of NRL